The Good Deeds of Old Adventurer Kane - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - All for the sake of pushing back the monsters encroaching on Ern Town!

Dex-chan lover
Corny? Yes.
Satisfying? Hell yes.
Not everything needs to be mind-boggling dramatic, and this hits pretty well, again, despite how corny it is.

Hm? This isn't the last chapter? Wait what?

Dex-chan lover
@Kllick
the one that get to be his wife is altena the childhoodfriend/goddess after she get resurrected, before that he was going to "marry" the princess in a whim (she actually mistundertood what kane said) but altena resurrection happened, he adopt the loli from this chapter during the volume 2, this is kind of harem for a while, there a new girl that show up later counting the cat girl from the cover, there is a scene with the girls on who is going to be kane wife and they wear different wedding dresses, but kane end up choosing altena lol, btw this is too pretty much the cover for the LN. vol 4
extra info.
when he get to marry altena is a change from the WN in the LN, in the LN is at the end of volume 4, but that one part in the WN is a whole volume later you can say, for WN numbers, LN vol.4 end at 145 in WN which is the end of part 4 in WN, and the altena resurrection happen in 168-169 which is the end of part 5 in WN, so they moved 168-169 from the WN to the end of Vol.4, not sure if the author plan to continue the LN tho, because for what author said it was selling kinda bad and all depend on how the manga do

Group Leader
Code:
@tseng
so no chance for anyone other then the main girl huh, so my hopes for priestess and receptionist girl is quite futile. I am guessing nothing happens at all right? Not even the princess gets any good development then i suppose. NOT EVEN MY ELFU WAIFU GETS RECOGNITION, do both consider each other only as family and not opposite sex?

Dex-chan lover
@tseng thanks for the spoiler. Good to know it. Now I don't need to invest my emotions to some girls.

Dex-chan lover
Why was Kane taking his time, hanging out in the back, instead of charging forward with the other adventurers? The previous chapter seemed to set him up as the lynchpin of their strategy, so why were the three women of the S rank party trying so hard against the enemy -- to the point that they almost got wiped out -- instead of waiting for him?

I like that Kane's kindness was ultimately what led to their victory, but it felt like a lot of the danger in this chapter was shoehorned in just to make Kane look cooler with his late entrance (where did the pegasus even come from?).

I was just about to drop this manga, when I finally decided to read these last 3 chapters and I'm so glad I gave it one last chance.

Anastea trying to level up Kane's ranking was starting to get annoying but then everything that happened in these last 3 chapters changed the dynamic for me

Dex-chan lover
Well, that saintess said long ago that kindness will save the world, not strength. If anything, I was surprised Kane was forced to draw his sword.
In the name of Kane! And not I can't reed my mind fo image of Kane bathing his cat.

Fed-Kun's army
This was great, thanks for compiling all the chapters instead of giving us tiny chunks like how the raws are. much appreciated.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly I think if it ended here and tied things off with an epilogue the story would be in a really good place. I'm not really looking forward to the author trying to drag things out

Aggregator gang
tenor.gif

Supporter
Yup, they blew their climax and threw even the kitchen sink in here.

The hell is with the pacing and the fact that the series extends beyond this?

Pacing is insane, but great plot.
Kindness being more important than heroism, that was finally proven here!

Top tier feel good.

Users who are viewing this thread