The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy at All - Ch. 94 - Just Let It Out

Dex-chan lover
Was re-reading last chapter. Translator changed a few text bubbles on page 2 and 3. And now it seems less of bullying and more of that guy just being very very dense and not fully realising what his actions does to Koga. Though doesn't change the fact he's an ass. šŸ˜‘

Dex-chan lover
Ok now Iā€™m confused. HE LITERALLY TRANSLATED HER LYRICS!

This is either a big misunderstanding or the most neutral bullying ever
Yeah, I don't think it's so much bullying as it is just a very dick move. It was clearly not (yet?) meant to be seen by the 'public' by the 'author', so you don't just go and spread stuff like that without even asking.

Ok now Iā€™m confused. HE LITERALLY TRANSLATED HER LYRICS!

This is either a big misunderstanding or the most neutral bullying ever
In our Western view, this doesn't really look like bullying. Maybe of a blunt way of complimenting her. In Japanese culture, this is a very shitty move to do and absolutely not done. Japanese culture has a "honne", your inner true feelings, and a "tatemae", how you act expected from the society. She wrote a song about her true feelings and it got exposed. Hence their fierce reactions.

Dex-chan lover
"Don't look down on music!" Uh, it's really the girl they shouldn't be looking down on, right? Priorities.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

if aya gets in trouble for this somehow the whole school needs deep restructuring and the teacher needs to be fired

Dex-chan lover
I think I know how Koga feels; I can relate to her so much. I wasn't a cool guy in the class. I was a quiet one, in fact. But I loved rock music. Then I learned how to play music. Eventually, I played in the school festival. Then there was a delinquent; maybe he got annoyed by the fact that a not-so-cool guy was playing a rock song. He shouted "rock my ass!" while I was performing.
You'll get stronger, Koga! And someday, I hope you don't have to hide your cool side anymore.

Dex-chan lover
Punching him would be ground for expulsion.
So this series takes place in one of the schools where victims/innocent people are punished for giving back to the bulliesā€¦ Hoped it wasnt the caseā€¦

Users who are viewing this thread