The Hero and the Sage, Reincarnated and Engaged - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - The hero taking on the conditional exam

Dex-chan lover
Those two really aren't trying to conceal their past lives at all, huh? Guy just casually mentions that he's "the hero".
Well, not that he exercises much secrecy, but no one really remembers the Hero and his country, so he's got it a little bit better than Elria.

It would be extremely hilarious if Reid was fighting the beast and then Elria appears and gives the finishing blow with a “oh, you didnt need help?” Kind of face xD.
he launches the whole thing into the air and Elria nukes it in the sky. That's the best reason I can imagine for her interfering
Would've been a sound theory, except this thing is magic immune. Reid will have to nuke it with his own fists.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

Edit suggestions:
  • p3 that has monsters. -> that contains monsters. // that's full of monsters.
  • p4 There's a lot of small -> There are a lot of small
  • p6 you can discuss it amongst yourselves -> you can discuss amongst yourselves
  • p8 those dummies are also a magic tool -> those dummies are also magic tools
  • p9 Wiesel carry a bunch -> Wiesel will carry a bunch
  • p10 They say that they'll have a hard time evaluating the others if I was around. -> They say that they'd have a hard time evaluating the others if I was around.
  • p10 You're magic -> Your magic
  • p15 let's put it at that. -> let's leave it at that.
  • p17 so I don't get blood stains. -> so there are no blood stains.
  • p17 a millennia -> a millennium
  • p20 you want to find a safe place, the fact -> you want to find a safe place. Based on the fact
  • p20 there's no dummies lying around -> there are no dummies lying around
  • p26 around the wound... the mana circuit cast -> around the wound... the mana circuit, cast
  • p27 so that it won't bite its tongue -> so that the dummy won't bite its tongue

Dex-chan lover
I like the medical-instruction part. Not just some magiblabber "use heal spell" and it healed, but at least it imitates on how the wound might be a poisonous bite and you need to cool it down to combat the swelling (though as I type this, not sure if it's the correct procedure; well, I'm always more of an engineer than medic).

I also have a thing on serious-life-threatening-instruction vignette like this. Idk, always see 'em as more packed version of Tom Clancy's charm.

Dex-chan lover
see, immune usually means 99% resistance, which doesn't mean much against 100x power.

And that's ignoring the rather large number of physical phenomena you can cause if you no longer care about collateral
Question is, do magic immunity distinguish between a real rock/ice spike thrown with physical force, and ones created with magic? Of course she could summon a meteor like Tatsumaki and just wreck the monster with it even if it can.

Dex-chan lover
Those two really aren't trying to conceal their past lives at all, huh? Guy just casually mentions that he's "the hero".
1000 years had passed. The people we are seeing is probably the 15th generation of those that he fought and served. It really did not matter whether he said that he is the hero or not since no one will care

Dex-chan lover
Oh boy, here we go again with a basic combat exam secretly having a monster immune to all magic that no one aside from the MC can defeat. Really looks bad on the academy that they let something like that nearly kill their students.
And somehow it's kept behind a chain-link fence like it was nothing.
You don't seriously think the academy would go on with the exam if there was such a monster on the location, right? Even normal high-ranking monsters like the noble kid suggested are implausible.
Somebody must have put the monster there. Somebody influential enough to ship giant dragons around without arousing suspicion. Because it can't be teleported (it's immune to magic, right?).

Dex-chan lover
Props to noble kid for carrying his friends to safety. Cool how the friends get to shine and are legitimately necessary. I wonder how that monster got there. It clearly wasn't intentional. Did someone summon it?

Supporter
You don't seriously think the academy would go on with the exam if there was such a monster on the location, right? Even normal high-ranking monsters like the noble kid suggested are implausible.
Somebody must have put the monster there. Somebody influential enough to ship giant dragons around without arousing suspicion. Because it can't be teleported (it's immune to magic, right?).
At the very least there were Medium-ranked beasts there before the teachers beat them ahead of time. This does not explain away the magic monster-proof chain-link fence.

Users who are viewing this thread