The Holy Grail of Eris - Vol. 11 Ch. 49 - Beyond Fate

Dex-chan lover
Want to clarify about the facts in this chapter

Does tainted blood refers to royal family of the conquered kingdoms, or the Farisian noble families those royalties are married to?

And, Cornelia is granddaughter of the Faris king, so the part about her having succession right for Faris crown is easy to understand.
But how come she is said to inherit the throne to so many kingdoms? Even if her mother is of a tainted blood, she would have only got the heritage of the other royal family her parents are married to, isn't it?
Other ways still work if no one from the untainted family lines still alive

Dex-chan lover
it's like the author said "arent you sick and tired of how a ducal daughter received the death penalty for harassing someone of lower status? in a world of monarchy how does THAT make sense? anyway here's a plot twist about how scarlet's execution is done to protect the country AND bind the spy's movement by making cecilia the crown princess" and then in the next chapters it will either be revealed that either randolph is wrong or so, so right

Dex-chan lover
I am still waiting if the ghost of scarlet is actually the plan too or grail's involvement is the backup plan. Or this is just happened the way the author want? I am curious

Dex-chan lover
Now everything is starting to click to me. The lines are converging with very few loose threads.

Dex-chan lover
After all of these chapters, the puzzle pieces are finally starting to click in place!! The truth is finally revealed!! It's satisfying to see the complex threads and multiple layers of conspiracies are starting to connect. And it makes so much sense omg. This series is truly amazing.
Scarlet was sacrificed for the greater good...but it only delayed Faris' attack by 10 years. I sure hope they're cooking something to fight against this (other than the main characters) to not let her sacrifice be in vain. And I wonder how Scarlet feels now, after finding out this truth.

Fed-Kun's army
As i understand Scarlet here is like a double edged sword for the two kingdoms. Whatever she sided on would either be a catastrophy for both. The problem is they can't hold her in their hands. The unforgivable part is the father did it all just for his sake not for Scarlet as i understand.

As scarlet tagline is : "Just who do you think I am"
She's smart and she knows what she's doing.

Dex-chan lover
And so it begins.

I love how Scarlet's father's expression doesn't really change. Its presentation just shifts until the shoe drops and he is framed as "the villain behind Scarlet's execution." Good stuff.
There are also the subtle hints in lighting that help express so much more

Dex-chan lover
Man, I wonder how Scarlett feels when she connects the threads and realises her death was for the best 😔

Dex-chan lover
Imo, the king also in this cahoots sacrificing scarlet to save the country. sooo only the higher up lnow that scarlet was a kind of martyr/sacrifice to buying time.

Dex-chan lover
Still the biggest piece is missing

The holy Grail is Connie isn't it?
As they have explained a few times, the Holy Grail of Eris was just the operation's name. The contradiction on the name is the point. The plan was basically to sow discord (Eris) in Adelbide and then crown Scarlet as queen (Holy grail) This chapter explains why Scarlet is a holy grail: she was a "cup" with lots of "holy" bloodlines from The Farisian Empire converging in her.

Dex-chan lover
As they have explained a few times, the Holy Grail of Eris was just the operation's name. The contradiction on the name is the point. The plan was basically to sow discord (Eris) in Adelbide and then crown Scarlet as queen (Holy grail) This chapter explains why Scarlet is a holy grail: she was a "cup" with lots of "holy" bloodlines from The Farisian Empire converging in her.
Yeah i understood that.
But, why wait for 10 years? And why does it coincide with "Scarlet" becoming active again? Not to mention the 2 Parisan girls calling Connie the Holy Grail.
There's a piece missing here i think

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Damn, that's a ruthless (and coward) father if true.
Your country should never be above your child's integrity.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, that's a ruthless (and coward) father if true.
Your country should never be above your child's integrity.
Sacrificing her life was one thing. Letting her death be a spectacle, where everybody in the crowd was loudly demanding for her death and calling her a monster to her face, as she was facing her last moments, knowing that despite her innocence she will be forever remembered as a despised villain and spat on her grave, was way too much, especially since it was uncertain, risky plan, born of a chance (poison attempt by crazy fan), that didn't even guarantee much success later. In first chapter Constance mentions that the hall where she was condemned by prince and Cecilia was now famous place for couples, she already is part of a popular legend about triumph of good over evil.

She could be a great noble despite her flaws, something that her kingdom clearly lacks, and she was thrown to the wolves by her own father. Did he not realize that marrying her mother could come with political risks, and prepared to protect his kids? Or he could even decide to not have any, they seem to have some pregnancy-preventing stuff.

EDIT: I've just read on Reddit thread comment by AgentRobynBanks that that one great general, falsely accused (probably Faris doing), was saved by Scarlet's execution as well. I guess they saw great general as less expendable than talented noblewoman.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I knew this was coming and I fucking hate that father and the king. They should burn in the deepest pits of a never ending Hell.

Users who are viewing this thread