The Holy Grail of Eris - Vol. 11 Ch. 50 - Ernst Adelbide's Reminiscence (Part 1)

Dex-chan lover
especially when lily considers scarlet as the only woman who would forgive enrique with a smile, she could be biased due to grief, but considering how close they were there might be truth to that too
Man, it's such a shame the one chapter with Abigail, Scarlet and Lily will never be adapted. I get giving stuff to make the novels more "appealing" but that one chapter matters a lot even though is just an extra.

Dex-chan lover
i'm 100% convinced that Scarlett's father is a bi icon

though i'm crying with their friendships already please just 😭
why is it always the ones who are heinous who get labeled as "icons" for these types...

saying you should live up to a man who actively uses a bunch of situations to execute his daughter isn't a good thing and makes the idea that people in these sexual/gender minorities needing to be absolute savages for...some reason to prove some point that makes no sense only makes people who aren't like that in those groups and normal people far more likely to refuse association

tldr: Elagabalus supporters demanding every weirdo who is amoral is a good role model for non-reproductive people makes people hate them more and should be publicly mocked

Dex-chan lover
why is it always the ones who are heinous who get labeled as "icons" for these types...

saying you should live up to a man who actively uses a bunch of situations to execute his daughter isn't a good thing and makes the idea that people in these sexual/gender minorities needing to be absolute savages for...some reason to prove some point that makes no sense only makes people who aren't like that in those groups and normal people far more likely to refuse association

tldr: Elagabalus supporters demanding every weirdo who is amoral is a good role model for non-reproductive people makes people hate them more and should be publicly mocked
i just thought that adolphus really looks very suave in this chapter. his friendships with the king ernst and all others makes him a very compelling character. he's as straight as one could be, but i guess there's actually no harm in imagining him to be one.

also you don't have to like a morally grey character, but to me he's still an interesting character that shaped the story.

my apologies if i hurt your feeling though

Damn this is so bittersweet.

What sort of circumstances led these warm uncles to coldly decide to sacrifice the woman this baby that they are doting on grew into.

Dex-chan lover
i just thought that adolphus really looks very suave in this chapter. his friendships with the king ernst and all others makes him a very compelling character. he's as straight as one could be, but i guess there's actually no harm in imagining him to be one.

also you don't have to like a morally grey character, but to me he's still an interesting character that shaped the story.

my apologies if i hurt your feeling though
you didn't hurt my feelings, it's just funny in a sad way how many characters who are utter trash humans get propped up as sexual minority/trans icons by people

like the aforementioned Elagabalus, a utter degenerate who's reign set the foundation for the crisis of the third century but so many "ubermensch-trans" people proclaim Elagabalus is "one of the surviving cases of historical trans genocide where trans people were erased from history"

Dex-chan lover
Again if they all got along so well, why couldn't they come up with any other way to thwart Faris' schemes? This is like orchestrating the French Revolution just to remove Austrian influence from Marie Antionette.

Double-page supporter

Alright let me say a couple things.
1. Calling gay people "non-reproductive" people is weird as fuck.
2. Not every character that is LGBT in some way has to be a good person! Sure, don't make ONLY your villains queer, but it's not inherently bad for a character that isn't a good person to be considered such!
3. I think you're wrong about Duke Castiel being heinous. I don't think he's a good person, no. But by the explanation we were given last chapter, there was no other choice but to take out the lynchpin in the enemies' plan (Scarlet). The options were: let the plan go on and become a vassal state, go to war and lose badly, or somehow make it so Scarlet couldn't be used in the plan anymore. It seems clear to me that this flashback is meant to tell us how absolutely devastating it was for the king and Duke Castiel to make the decision to let Scarlet be executed, but also show that it was the ONLY decision they could have made.

Banned
That first duchess running off from her family to be with a lover... what a horrible person. Though the father and the king sacrificing Scarlet for the sake of the country (aka really just their own power) is disgusting too. So many people in this series deserve to burn in Hell

Dex-chan lover
Ginrezis is the GOAT! Tysm for picking this up, bro!! Are they guilt tripping with this flashback, showing us how much they loved Scarlett, and that sacrificing her still haunts them? Tho that may be true, i still think it was a fucked up decision and dont support it, not matter how much they regret it and/or it ruined their friendship.

Users who are viewing this thread