The Holy Grail of Eris - Vol. 11 Ch. 52 - Ernst Adelbide's Reminiscence (Part 3)

Dex-chan lover
Ermm... i need to reorganize my memory. So the king chose to sacrifice scarlet to save the border. But why is lily seems like the one who dealt the most damage to faris, said by the princess. Or i am just mistaking it that what she meant actually was scarlet, not lily
Because she didn't choose the easy way, that's why.

Dex-chan lover
I do agreed with you, and i think maybe their guilt is also make both of them thinking that in the end they will go to "hell", of course by also bringing every single "enemies" that made them make that decision go with them to the "hell" too...
Lmao nope
F you both... and look again to what you all have done.. You both didn't get the last laugh
Seriously..
AND EVERYONE READING THE MANGA KNOWS THIS.
THEIR ENEMY IS LAUGHING THEIR ASSESS OFF AT THE STUPID KING AND HUS STUPID FRIEND.
I do agreed with you, and i think maybe their guilt is also make both of them thinking that in the end they will go to "hell", of course by also bringing every single "enemies" that made them make that decision go with them to the "hell" too...

Look above

This sucks. I like this manga, and it’s cool that it’s not afraid to create really crappy situations to tell a good story. However, this still sucks a lot.

Basically this is why utilitarianism is ass. The greater good means sacrificing the innocent on the principle that the majority is worth more. While it seems like everyone’s life has equal value, instead life is devalued. If your sacrifice may save more than one life, there is nothing stopping whoever is in power from killing you to meet their goals more efficiently.

It also tends to be the ideology of someone in power / with a lot of power. Grimwald from Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is an example. The utilitarian imposes their belief system upon the world because they believe they know best. Not fun for whoever they decide is expendable, and it can be used to attempt to justify crazy bullshit bcuz “the ends justify the means”.

Anyways that’s all from me. A spin-off featuring Scarlet could be cool. Also I’m just talking about basic utilitarianism which places no emphasis on the value of life but rather results. There are other types of utilitarianism which suck less.

TLDR: he can yap alright, yes indeed he can

Dex-chan lover
Man, I feel so bad for the King. It's obvious that he is cherish Scarlet and would rather not use her, but politic and war said otherwise.

Remind me of playing "Long Live the Queen" where internal and external intrigue really determined whether my character is alive or not until coronation.

Dex-chan lover
Is the author of the LN doing anything else now?

A quick Google search suggests no and this Manga is all that seems to come up.

I dunno if this is actually their first outing or a seasoned author going by a different name but if its the former, it's a damn impressive start!

Fed-Kun's army
she was sixteen!!!!!!!!!!!! what the hell!!!!!!!!! i get why they did and amazing set up by the author but she was ten and six years old!!!!!!! and she had to die for her country without even knowing that's what she was doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dex-chan lover
Is the author of the LN doing anything else now?
The LN has four volumes out (main story ends in volume three with the fourth one being a side story) but I don't remember if the story is listed as finished anywhere.
It got picked by new publisher and the author is writing volume 5.
Scheduled to be released in November along with the re-release of volume 1~4.

https://drecom-media.jp/news/98

My issue is that did they actually do anything worthwhile after sacrificing Scarlet. Dalkian still has power, the crown princess is still active (and they know she is a plant). While I still wish she wasn’t executed, it would hurt less if there was more gained than delaying things to come.

Dex-chan lover
My issue is that did they actually do anything worthwhile after sacrificing Scarlet. Dalkian still has power, the crown princess is still active (and they know she is a plant). While I still wish she wasn’t executed, it would hurt less if there was more gained than delaying things to come.
Without going into too much spoilery detail, I can say that they have a plan to deal with the situation. It's one that only worked because of the later self-sacrifice of Lily, and that is still playing out over these volumes of manga. I'm not going to tell you it's a good plan. It would have resulted in even more loss of innocent life in the absence of heroics that they could not have predicted. But they are working towards a solution, while doing their best to keep the opposition unaware that they have been discovered.

Dex-chan lover
God dang. That really adds a LOT of context to the king’s reaction when Scarlet spoke to him through Constance. I really couldn’t read his emotion then but looking back, it was definitely guilt.

heres hoping scarlet reveals herself to both those guys. That’d be fun
What chapter was that

Dex-chan lover
It got picked by new publisher and the author is writing volume 5.
Scheduled to be released in November along with the re-release of volume 1~4.

https://drecom-media.jp/news/98
That actually makes me a little wary. What makes this so good is that it's very well plotted. The author had a story they wanted to tell, told it, and that really was all that was needed. While I like the characters, I don't think it needs more volumes or an extension which could ultimately prove pointless (in the most literal sense) and thus stain something that's otherwise good. Not everything needs sequels, I guess, and unless these stories have a good reason for existing beyond popularity I feel like they might have been better off starting on something new.

New stories in the same setting using a different cast/country is another thing entirely though.

Dex-chan lover
Well the fact that things escalated to this level already is a failure on aldebide government, not only those 2. They chose to execute scarlet because, at that point, it wasn't possible to catch every rats that scheme to lit the war

Aldebide government is incompetent? Yes. That's why the top 2 brass ended up has to pay the price by eliminating their beloved innocent child, which shows how backed to the corner their country is

Then mind giving your idea how to handle this problem? Politics is not easy, just so y'know
Honestly, they deserve to just be taken over by a foreign state at that point. They could have just contacted someone and suggested becoming a vassal state at that point to avoid bloodshed and wrongfully killing an innocent person. Instead they feel they have some right to be what they are? why?

But even if they don't want that, start bringing up fake charges against those who are playing dirty too. I am sure they could have figured out something to lie about and go after those who are supposedly doing their duty. Clearly there's SOME evidence of TREASON if they're working with a foreign power. Even if they feel might not be enough, make it bigger than it is and getting the word out there.

They are pathetic and deserve absolute endless torture for their decisions and trying nothing else. They went to what was EASIER to maintain their power at the pretend of "to protect innocent lives" (because why invade and go to war if a country willingly submits)? No, fuck em. They deserve the worst.

Double-page supporter
Honestly, they deserve to just be taken over by a foreign state at that point. They could have just contacted someone and suggested becoming a vassal state at that point to avoid bloodshed and wrongfully killing an innocent person. Instead they feel they have some right to be what they are? why?
You're getting the priority wrong
Becoming a vassal state is not as sweet as written on the paper: That means becoming lackey to the country that defeat you. And that was especially true in the victorian-era world
E.g: Do you know how much tax could raise in short period of time in Aldebide just because Faris said them to do so, and how it would impact commoners? Do you know how many uprising would be staged by unsatisfied aldebide nobles, only for faris to say "please wait our reinforcement, for now please deal with them with your own military force" and send nothing in the end? Do you know how many MORE spies faris could place in the aldebide government in order to manipulate the country management and system, so faris wrong doing in aldebide won't leave any trace left when auditing took place by any 3rd party?
All of this could happen in era that lacked modern communications method, and the world would be none the wiser about the truth

But even if they don't want that, start bringing up fake charges against those who are playing dirty too. I am sure they could have figured out something to lie about and go after those who are supposedly doing their duty. Clearly there's SOME evidence of TREASON if they're working with a foreign power. Even if they feel might not be enough, make it bigger than it is and getting the word out there.
It's no longer about fake charges or evidence of treason. If the execution of the general to take place, then faris would be able to invade aldebide with so much less resistance. Aldebide would be too busy to defend the country, when faris razed anything related about their conspiracy to the ground in the midst of invasion. Once again, the world would end up be none the wiser about the truth

I wouldn't blame you to disagree about those 2's decision but please know that all those above could happen if the problems at that time are not solved as swift as possible, thus the choice thay made is scarlet execution

Dex-chan lover
Ermm... i need to reorganize my memory. So the king chose to sacrifice scarlet to save the border. But why is lily seems like the one who dealt the most damage to faris, said by the princess. Or i am just mistaking it that what she meant actually was scarlet, not lily

Faris thinks nobody knows about the invasion plans, every noble has become complecent or not enough influence to hold them back.

Suddenly Lily, the wife of a high ranking royal policeman and an influential noble told current princess that she knows about it

Now, Faris need to stop Lily from spilling the tea. She however mysteriously died while leaving behind clues that she kept what she knows somewhere.

Faris can't just attack now since they didn't know if the kingdom already planned a defense or not. So they keep spreading Jackals while searching for Lily's secret.

So Lily's death basically hold the invasion the second time after Scarlet's. Wasting resources and time for Faris.

Dex-chan lover

They are pathetic and deserve absolute endless torture for their decisions and trying nothing else. They went to what was EASIER to maintain their power at the pretend of "to protect innocent lives" (because why invade and go to war if a country willingly submits)? No, fuck em. They deserve the worst.
You think being a vassal states is better? You basically turned into a second class citizen in your own land, basically a slave.

You can't bring out fake charges without any planted evidence, that is a fast way to discredit your name, power and influence. Some Faris lapdog gonna stroll in and trigger civil war while Faris becomes the champion for being a "peacekeeper" later.

You keep thinking that nobles deserved this and nobles deserved that, you think Faris going to treat civilians nicely? Hell no, they going to round them up and kill them while giving the land to their own people.

Users who are viewing this thread