The Holy Grail of Eris - Vol. 11 Ch. 51 - Ernst Adelbide's Reminiscence (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
Ernst and Scarlet dad's stupidity becomes even more clear when you realize they didn't do anything during these 10 years to prepare Abeidel for war or stop Deagaz. They truly seemed to think that killing Scarlet would solve the whole thing. Heck, they couldn't even stop the drug being distributed. How incompetent can you get?

And I bet it will be up to Conney and Scarlet to come up with a plan to solve all this mess. But you've gotta wonder why would Scarlet want to help a country that betrayed and sacrificed her. If I was Scarlet, I would let the country burn to shit.

Dex-chan lover
It was still a bad idea, because now Deagaz controls the prince himself thanks to Cecilia. I feel it would have been better to let Scarlet survive and use whatever role she would end up playing in Deagaz's scheme to get back at Deagaz. Now I feel Deagaz is way stronger than it was back then. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Scarlet was just a decoy to hide Deagaz's real plan which was to plant Cecilia into the royal family. Now that they succeeded, I don't see how they can be stopped.

You're ignoring the war that would've accompanied that. It's the assumption that letting Scarlet live would have no major consequences when they were on the verge of a war they weren't prepared to fight. They sacrificed one (1) person to stop that for a while and get more time to prepare. Are they good people for doing what they did? No. But the possible outcomes of not going through with this choice would've been way worse in human casualties.

It's the trolley problem 101: Do I run the train over my daughter or the population of our country?

Dex-chan lover
You're ignoring the war that would've accompanied that. It's the assumption that letting Scarlet live would have no major consequences when they were on the verge of a war they weren't prepared to fight. They sacrificed one (1) person to stop that for a while and get more time to prepare. Are they good people for doing what they did? No. But the possible outcomes of not going through with this choice would've been way worse in human casualties.

It's the trolley problem 101: Do I run the train over my daughter or the population of our country?
Let me quote my previous post because it seems you didn't read it:

Ernst and Scarlet dad's stupidity becomes even more clear when you realize they didn't do anything during these 10 years to prepare Abeidel for war or stop Deagaz. They truly seemed to think that killing Scarlet would solve the whole thing. Heck, they couldn't even stop the drug being distributed. How incompetent can you get?
And I bet it will be up to Conney and Scarlet to come up with a plan to solve all this mess. But you've gotta wonder why would Scarlet want to help a country that betrayed and sacrificed her. If I was Scarlet, I would let the country burn to shit.

Dex-chan lover
It was still a bad idea, because now Deagaz controls the prince himself thanks to Cecilia. I feel it would have been better to let Scarlet survive and use whatever role she would end up playing in Deagaz's scheme to get back at Deagaz. Now I feel Deagaz is way stronger than it was back then. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Scarlet was just a decoy to hide Deagaz's real plan which was to plant Cecilia into the royal family. Now that they succeeded, I don't see how they can be stopped.
Didn't the Prince marry Cecilia specifically to curb her influence? Not that it was effective in the long term, but 1) it forced Cecilia into the spotlight, making her underground activities significantly harder, and 2) it did delay Faris plans until she could build proper channels in right back. It wasn't an ideal solution, but it was the best stall they could do at the moment with the key players being removed from the board one by one.

Last chapter also mentioned that the Farisian nobles were blood-fanatics, which was why Scarlet was a necessity for the plan—her violet eyes would indicate her bloodline. Cecilia did not have this blood, which was why the plans were pushed back.

Dex-chan lover
Didn't the Prince marry Cecilia specifically to curb her influence? Not that it was effective in the long term, but 1) it forced Cecilia into the spotlight, making her underground activities significantly harder, and 2) it did delay Faris plans until she could build proper channels in right back. It wasn't an ideal solution, but it was the best stall they could do at the moment with the key players being removed from the board one by one.

Last chapter also mentioned that the Farisian nobles were blood-fanatics, which was why Scarlet was a necessity for the plan—her violet eyes would indicate her bloodline. Cecilia did not have this blood, which was why the plans were pushed back.
I don't know if the prince married her for that reason. I don't remember that been said specifically. But we do know she has enough influence that Deagaz is basically free to kill and kidnap people in Adelbide without repercussions. That much we've seen many times. And it's true they haven't been able to stop the drug either. And we haven't heard of Adelbide building up an stronger army to get ready for war either (if I remember correctly). All in all, it doesn't seem like they're doing a whole lot to prepare themselves for what's coming.

Dex-chan lover
They're sweeping a metric ton of dirt under the rug with the line: "We've been so complacent that we have no chance of winning now." If generals and ministers can be replaced left and right, why do they even need Scarlet? They already control the country. Just say Adelbide has been Farsian clay since ancient times and invade. Keep framing anyone who disagrees.

Dex-chan lover
The rabbit hole is fucking DEEP! I keep getting impressed by the intrigue on this series - well done to the author for that!

Also, the King is hella incompetent. He can see that things are not right and doesnt act on it to fix it or at least learn more about it!

Dex-chan lover

True, but im sure the rabbit hole goes deeper. Ig Scarlett still (probably) loves her country, or at least, has some people in the country that she wants to protect

Dex-chan lover
WTF?! What kind of slop of a manga do the japanese consume these days? And how many? Because this manga is one of the best villainess manga out there bruh. Like how come this isn't popular? This is pretty much another reason why manga industry needs to completely do a complete globalization just like their automotive industry cuz I know manga like this is popular. You can get someone tweet a few pages of them girls doing badass things and people would reply with "Real".
FR, too much focus on trash, generic shonens and isekai shit

Dex-chan lover
I agree with 1idd0kun, why could they not save Duran in other way? He's the fucking king, if they could make bet on Scarlet's execution being enough to save Duran merely through change of public perception of death penalty, it means they could easily create popular movement to spare him as a former war hero, and then king would just save him in a show of royal grace. They're just useless at politics. And of course their dumb plan let Faris agent marry the crown prince and help create second casus belli by kidnapping the Faris prince. And they didn't even stop the drug infestation.

And why couldn't they find another way to remove Scarlet as Faris' banner? Historically it's really hard to use someone as your banner when that person is not already under your control and has every reason to oppose you. Also missing is the possibility that Faris could use Scarlet's execution as reason to invade anyway, by blaming them for falsely executing scion of Faris royalty in a bloody show that even shocked her own countrymen enough to spare Duran. Makes more sense than invading them when Scarlet can oppose their plans.
THANK YOU, exactly! That king is so fuck incompetent at leadership and politicking. He just sat there on his throne with his hand on his cock while giving all the work to Dolphy. ffs

Users who are viewing this thread