The Holy Grail of Eris - Vol. 11 Ch. 50 - Ernst Adelbide's Reminiscence (Part 1)

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter! I wonder how this will end, really liked this manga but I’m glad its in the reveal part, rather then blueballing for eternity and getting axed
After the TL went on a break for a while I just went to read the novel and the manga is very faithful to the source. Someone picking this up again is great because it was such a great short story (3 volumes as a novel) and it would be a shame if people who only read the manga couldn't enjoy it until the end.

Props to ginzeris for reviving this.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the update!!
We're in for another flashback, with hopefully more revelations, as we need. Still, that was a mostly sweet chapter, I'm sold on Adolphus' and Ernst's friendship already, with their fun banter and teasing. It's so funny to see Adolphus going "it just happened" in regards to his wife's pregnancy LMAO. I kinda want to see how their love story developed. And I see where Scarlet got her frankness and beautiful appearance from.
But because of that...it'll be the more painful when things inevitably go down for the worse.
A memory of happiness from days gone by, indeed...

Dex-chan lover
After the TL went on a break for a while I just went to read the novel and the manga is very faithful to the source. Someone picking this up again is great because it was such a great short story (3 volumes as a novel) and it would be a shame if people who only read the manga couldn't enjoy it until the end.

Props to ginzeris for reviving this.
Does this time waster of an arc (yes, since there'll be more than one whole chapter of this guy's bro love for Scarlet's dad) take too long in the novel?

Dex-chan lover
i think the most interesting part of this chapter is how the king's relationship with scarlet's father mirrors their children's relationship with each other, except while scarlet's father is capable of connecting with his king and shows his support, scarlet is incapable of empathizing with the crown prince's inferiority complex, not saying that it's entirely scarlet's fault since the prince's refusal to face his own weaknesses play a part too but like... what a tragic mirror

Dex-chan lover
i think the most interesting part of this chapter is how the king's relationship with scarlet's father mirrors their children's relationship with each other, except while scarlet's father is capable of connecting with his king and shows his support, scarlet is incapable of empathizing with the crown prince's inferiority complex, not saying that it's entirely scarlet's fault since the prince's refusal to face his own weaknesses play a part too but like... what a tragic mirror
I don't think that's true. She was always supporting him, even as a child. Don't get me wrong, Scarlet was a bitch, but she understood her duties and performed them. She only went off-cliff after Cecilia intruded in her relationship with Enrique.

Let's see how part II goes.

Dex-chan lover
If only lily ghost still lingering, conni can catch it and we can see connie lily ver. Using crocodile tears.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think that's true. She was always supporting him, even as a child. Don't get me wrong, Scarlet was a bitch, but she understood her duties and performed them. She only went off-cliff after Cecilia intruded in her relationship with Enrique.

Let's see how part II goes.
yeah ive been rereading the chapters after i commented and youre right, i guess the image of enrique regretting his failure to save scarlet ends up overwriting the fact that their relationship actually improved after he ran out of the classroom in my brain

Dex-chan lover
yeah ive been rereading the chapters after i commented and youre right, i guess the image of enrique regretting his failure to save scarlet ends up overwriting the fact that their relationship actually improved after he ran out of the classroom in my brain
Yeah. Scarlet would die before admitting it, but both Lily and Enrique were the closest thing she had to friends. Even if they weren't quite there. Scarlet was haughty and kind of a bitch, but she was still a duke's daughter and she fulfilled her duties as she should.

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand people who think spending time on other characters in a character focused story is 'wasting time' like. The author wants to fill stuff out? Anyhow.

I think this honestly underscores some of the tragedies of Scarlet herself; these people all could have been perfectly happy if there wasn't the weight of political choices on their whole damn lives. I know it's not where things are probably going to conclude, but I feel like the real meaning of this series is that the royalty system is fucking miserable.

Double-page supporter
We got Lily's flashback because she left that info to be found, but why are we getting this one? I prefer to learn things at the same time as the characters, particularly in a mystery story.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah. Scarlet would die before admitting it, but both Lily and Enrique were the closest thing she had to friends. Even if they weren't quite there. Scarlet was haughty and kind of a bitch, but she was still a duke's daughter and she fulfilled her duties as she should.
especially when lily considers scarlet as the only woman who would forgive enrique with a smile, she could be biased due to grief, but considering how close they were there might be truth to that too

Users who are viewing this thread