The Holy Grail of Eris - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - Connie's Infiltration

Double-page supporter
@unime true, but then someone this keen would say "okay, what would make a Grail sneak around like this" and stumble into whatever Constance has stumbled upon.

Contributor
Poor kids getting scared like that.

I wonder how the story will ho now, it should be interesting.

Dex-chan lover
Well the popularity chart quite a surprise.. why'd dat guy end up there lol

Dex-chan lover
@unime
I mean, she never covered her face, used an accent, etc.. she basically wore a "Clark Kent" disguise expecting it to be a fool proof cover. She is a NOBLE. So of course other nobles will know of her, especially since she is a hot topic right now after the events at the party. And while I do give her some room for error, not being trained at all for espionage while having honesty forced into her entire being from birth and all, but somethings are just obvious "don't's". Like using a noble curtsey, or not disguising your difining character traits (face, voice, hair, mannerisms, etc). She basically changed her clothes and thought that would do it. It may fool a guard who does not give a shit about who you personally are aside from if you give your occupation or appointment and if that makes you able to enter or not, no details really needed. Their train of thought is literally this: "Well she looks like a nun, and said she comes from a place who does have a connection to us. So it should be no problem if I just send her to the on-site church as long as she does not directly ask to see the family. She looks cute. It is a shame she is a nun. Man I'm hungry."

But anyone who knows of her, or the orphanage she "comes from", would know instantly something was up, like what exactly happened.

constance & scarlet really hoped the clark kent thing would work, huh? but hey, we’ve finally seen the mystery man! let’s hope he’s a future ally for constance. :)

on another note, a thought popped into my head. i haven’t reread the past chapters in a while, so my memory’s dusty but ... isn’t the princess considered a saintess, and therefore some sort of “holy figure” for the kingdom? i did a quick search and hey! oxford also defines a grail as an object “[...] being earnestly pursued or sought after.” the princess here is one of people scarlet really, really wants to destroy, so she’s kind of being sought after too.

so! holy figure (saintess) + person sought after (to be destroyed, killed, etc.) = human holy grail! if we destroy the holy grail of eris, we destroy the princess of eris. it’s just an idea, but we’ll see what happens anyway.

Aggregator gang
Wow, i wish i have someone who constantly beside me and makes me remember all of the things that i forgot lol nice chapter and i even read all the convo! So good 🤣🤣

i got the chills 6 times in a row while reading about the spell thingy. jesus christ

Double-page supporter
@JavelinJoe
while it's true she wore "clark kent" disguise it also worth to remember that her face is not printed across newspaper and while it also true she's quite "famous" due the events several days ago but noble society is large with many things happening everyday so unless she killed a king most people won't know who she is even if they're a noble themselves, the spread of information is not fast and easy as it is now or during clark kent era.

There is also a possibility of nobles who fall into ruin and became a nun, so if one notice about her manners they may reach the conclusion that she is a former noble just like Kyle Hughes didn't notice anything special when Randolph told him about "the nun" noble traits. That's why what @unime said he is being sharp is not entirely wrong, he can deduct who she is from many nobles and when he never met or see her himself is quite amazing. My theory is he caught a wind of a "noble girl" who act just like Scarlet and because he most likely working together with his wive to caught the real suspect behind Scarlet's death so he is sensitive to anything regarding Scarlet and made his deductions based on that. Not something an ordinary nobles would do and think.

Users who are viewing this thread