The Holy Grail of Eris - Vol. 4 Ch. 15 - The Unexpected Guest

YASSSSS!! OMFGGG I RARELY EVER SEE ANYONE SPEAK HOW IT IS!! The mc needs to learn from this fr fr. Mc has so many flaws 😩

@criver How is that scene in anyway trying to make MC look good, if anything it's a Kate moment, we already know all these things about the MC. Also what do you mean by unnecessary? What about the use of it is one-dimensional and what would have been better?

Dex-chan lover
@criver
Except it's not MC who ends up looking best, but MC's friend Kate. It is no wonder: from what we can see about this world's noble society until this chapter, nobles in general do one-dimensionally look down on commoners (and lower-status nobles, for that matter), so is it really a surprise that commoners hold a one-dimensional grudge in turn? Everyone takes for granted what they do have, so of course most commoners and nobles alike would ostracise Kate, who belongs to, dare I say, intersection of two groups. By putting Constance through this experience, the author not only brings to light commoners' views on ongoing events, but also develops a character that, until now, remained in shadow of more colorful characters like Scarlet. That itself already means that this chapter was not in vain.

Besides, if there one constant in this manga, it's that every character has their hidden side. Why, I wouldn't be surprised if the reason Kimberly's and/or Amelia's reasoning seems so one-dimensional is because they don't actually believe what they are saying.

holy shit everyone in this series are secretly savage and has a LOT to say about other people LMAO

i thought at least kate would be mostly pure but nope, she also has a sick-ass rap

Dex-chan lover
@xaviers_ego As in, one-dimensional villain - predictable, unnecessary, flat. As far as making the MC look good is concerned - the whole monologue from Kate had that specific purpose, and the previous monologue from her other fried. The goal was to showcase how good our MC is and how much her friends appreciate those qualities of hers. It's 2 characters that extol the character traits of our MC in a single chapter. Then you have the two antagonists as a counterpoint to that. But the intent is clear, it is to make our MC look good. Probably the only noteworthy point beyond that, was the introduction of the new male character.

@Rgal
See my above answer to xaviers, since it's also relevant. But more particular to your comment:

That itself already means that this chapter was not in vain.
I never said it was. And referring to the initial part of your comment - I never argued that Kate's story is implausible. My issue is with Kimberly basically being a caricature just so there can be a cheap antagonist character. Kate's words, and our MC's other friend's words are there to describe how virtuous our MC is, so it is clear what the author's intent is. I think it was a bit forced and poorly executed but w/e. I would have been more interested in some actual development. Especially considering that this manga updates are monthly.

Double-page supporter
Wow, Amelia is an awful reporter. How is she still working?

Dex-chan lover
@criver
Guess we'll have to wait a month to see if Kimberly is as one-dimensional as she seems in the only chapter she have appeared in so far.

Wait, Is this reverse racism? It would´ve made more sense to me if the lillies were more like a bourgeoisie, who would hate nobles (because screw royalty) but at the same time would deride poorer commoners, and as such to hate the MC and her friend for being poor nobles "beneath her" rather than being nobles herself

Aggregator gang
Hmmm... I think it's time I ripped this band-aid off. As much as I'm interested in the ongoing story I think I've reached the limit of my tolerance for this protagonist. She's just empty and flat as a character.

While I understand story's aren't one man shows, can she do literally anything on her own without being rescued by other much better characters? Sure we might be able to see this as character development but, from what I understand of the story
she is like this until the very end

In that case I think it's better to just walk away. A shame as I really do like Scarlet and the other cast of characters. sigh😪

Dex-chan lover
Even if connie is a flat character, i came for scarlet and i will stay for her too!

Dex-chan lover
God, I fucking hate people like that. Just make up their own idea of what the truth is and push it to others spreading lies. People like that in any area need to be punished.

there's too many people that don't even try to listen to others in this manga lmao

Users who are viewing this thread