The Hunter

Enemy A: "He is merely a weak X stage hunter, I will kill him easily."
Protagonist: *is secretly stronger, defeats Enemy A, gloats.*
Enemy A: "How dare a mere X stage hunter not die when I try to kill him, don't you dare fight back or Enemy B will kill you! *dies*
Enemy B: "How dare a mere X stage hunter kill Enemy A, I will avenge him easily."
Protagonist: *is secretly stronger, defeats Enemy B, gloats.*
Enemy B: "How dare a mere X stage hunter not die when I try to kill him, don't you dare fight back or Enemy C will kill you! *dies*
Enemy C: "How dare a mere X stage hunter kill Enemy B, I will avenge him easily."
Protagonist: *is secretly stronger, defeats Enemy C, gloats.*
Enemy C: "How dare a mere X stage hunter not die when I try to kill him, don't you dare fight back or Enemy D will kill you! *dies*
Enemy D: "Blah blah bl-"

Repeat. Ad. Fucking. Nauseam.
That's it. That's all it is.
Take the most generic cliche xianxia ever, remove anything even slightly interesting, throw it in a blender with a dash of vaguely Monster Hunter aesthetics, and this is the result.
Not only have I gotten you caught up, I've spoiled the rest of the story for you too.

They spent 20+ chapters fighting over some shitty herb and comparing whos dick is bigger. Absolutely garbage.
People start fights for no reason and everyone is unlikable. Worst manhua ive read in a while. Everything slogs at a snails pace due to all the stupid blowharding that occurs

Dex-chan lover
Despite being trash, I'd rather read this than isekai smarphone kind of trash lmao

If it's such trash then why is it above a 7 rating?

Okay yea it's actually trash, the first few chapters are actually exactly what @Gen_Eric describes. Also he's murdering everyone for no good reason.

Double-page supporter
There is only fighting. All enemies are exactly the same, shouting profanities out of nowhere and when MC disagrees, everyone claims that it is MC that is disrespectful. There is no world building or anything deep about characters. All this story has is empty fighting and art. Definitely doesn't deserve 7+ rank.

@Onepunchjoey I wouldn't usually put this much effort into a comic I didnt enjoy reading, but your ping compelled me.

It's not exactly 'killing each other for no good reason' it's kind of a hallmark of the xianxia genre, the difference is this comic is an extremely stripped down example, so none of the meaning is preserved.

In a more fleshed out example of the genre, be it comic or novel, it's an expression of the extremes of social inequality in modern China. The protagonist represents the poor, politically powerless, average person. At every turn, their attempts to raise in social standing are crushed by those who already have wealth and Party connections, represented by the 'arrogant young master' cliche, who challenges the protagonist, declaring that his 'Cultivation levels' which are essentially an allegory for wealth and social standing, should grant effortless victory.

The protagonist, doing the impossible and overcoming their greater 'cultivation rank' with his superior skills, work ethic, and discipline, is symbolic of the poor common man proving his worth over the privileged children of party officials and oligarchs. The never ending stream of elder disciples, teachers, followed by repeating the same with larger more powerful sects that continually seek to oppress the protagonist, are a stand in for the corrupt political and economic ruling class in modern China, that continually seek to oppress the reader.

Wu Dong Qian Kun, is a better example of a xianxia comic adaptation that maintains a little more coherence and meaning.
Or for novels, try "A Will Eternal" "Renegade Immortal" or "Martial World"

Haha, that's an amazingly generous interpretation of the xianxia genre. The majority of them are transparent shallow power fantasies.

Dex-chan lover
I hate the fact that they nerfed my boy gu da shao to be some kind of retarded soka(atla) so the MC can have the "cool" spotlight ffs

This has like the worst pacing I have ever witnessed. Like holy crap I’d rather read another chapter about how the Adventurer’s Guild has The A-S ranking system rather than slog through this grind.

I might’ve missed it when reading, but have the cultivation/hunter levels ever been explained? He’s now a War General rank, and I have no idea what that means.

This is so bad and boring yikes. How is this even being supported. I read 100 chapters and it was a waste of time. Arrogant characters that cant back up their arrogance mc included. No character development at all. Cultivation boring af and not explained. Worldbuilding literally no clue because it also wasnt explained.

Just dropped. It was fun at the beginning. The snowball is cute. But unfortunately, the plot is not great. The MC got boring.

Why is everyone so gawd damn surprised at every enemy new skill including fking MC who suppose to be isekai'd any know it all

@CodeGears the same goes for a lot of other cultivation manhua. I don't knew if author expect you to be already familiar with cultivation which most of us knew only fighting LOL. It is certainly targeted for Chinese audience.
I don't knew why authors go for long strip if they can't draw a lot. It would have been more profitable if he choose more smaller panels. Like the author of Iron ladies, he finally realized that he should make smaller panels after more than 200 chapters so that he can give more plot than drawing.
What doesn't make sense to me that he murders all (both bad guys and small fries), then a fu*king psycho girl comes to kill him but he decides to let her live!? WTF (That aside from the usual thing. Every time a shitty guy comes and start fighting with the mc because he is the young master of sh*thole family)
Seems to me that he just want to expand his harem without hinting to it

how come the legal site is behind compared to the so called "pirate" sites?
168 here compared to 170 in a certain site named inn

Users who are viewing this thread