The Impregnable Demon King's Castle and the Expelled Black Mage of the Hero's Party - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Bella, the "Hero of Ice"

Thanks for the chapter!
LN describes it better but what Phoenix is talking about is that the large group of succubi are all using Charm mental manipulation magic over and over on the party along with mana drain. Being Heroes he and Bella have resistance to it, albeit not complete immunity, so as long as concentrate can resist it. However, more physical jobs like Alvar's swordsman, have higher physical performance, endurance and resistance in exchange for lower, if any, resistance towards magical and mental attacks. Hence why despite being in enemy territory Alvar let complete strangers surround him and dropped his weapon. Also, both the Hero party's and monsters' avatars are constructs made out of magic, so the succubi's mana drain ability has a stronger effect as it not only drains mana preventing the victim from casting spells, but drains the magic essence the avatars are comprised of which can lead to the avatar's 'death'. Similar to draining the batteries of a hologram so it shuts down to running out of energy. Thus, the succubi are doing a rather subtle yet deadly honey trap where rather than directly fight get the party to lower their guard, bombard them over and over with numerous charm sells, while gently and quietly draining all the mana. Not sure how well the charm and mana drain combines but if have 30 succubi then that means each party member is being hit over and over by the charm and mana drain spells of 6 succubi each. So if each succubi can drain 10 units of magic a second then it stacking up means victim is losing 60 units a second.

As for what Sitri and Phoenix are talking about I think they mean that if Phoenix used his flame sword he'd have taken all the succcubi out but would be bad for ratings and appearances as doing so would've defeated the boss before she was recognized as the boss. After all, this isn't a dungeon conquest but an entertainment show so would be bad if disappointed or failed to entertain the audience. Thing about the door is there are certain rules about dungeons for both monsters and hero parties to follow. Such as hero party can't just damage the dungeon by blasting through the walls in a straight line or destroy cameras to hide an embarrassing loss. For monsters, it's having a safe room right after the boss room. Normally (but not required,) hero party explores and traverses several rooms and passages to get to boss room, fight boss only in that room, and then proceed into a safe room monsters aren't allowed to enter to save progress and conclude their exploration. However, this floor is just one big boss room and the safe room meaning that the boss fight started as soon as they entered rather than fighting their way to the boss door, resting briefly, checking stats, making preparations for boss, and psyching themselves up before entering the final battle.

Btw, battle in 6th floor against Forneus LN said that Bella made things easier by freezing the water making it harder for enemies to hit and run. Also, Phoenix was surprised at her insight and several things were cropped out. In LN Bella mentioned that Phoenix wouldn't have insisted on having an incompetent friend on the team out of favoritism or else he'd have kept Lem and kicked the others out. Also, she asked Phoenix about Lem and his true abilities but Phoenix stated that he can't talk about the things he can't talk about.

@Coyotesight This is a magic based society rather than science based. So they have some things similar or more advanced than the modern day real world but mainly using magic with little science. So cameras and tvs are likely to be enchanted crystals running on magic rather than glass screens running on electricity. The avatar system is very advanced as it allows someone's consciousness to magically be transferred to a clone built out of magic. According to LN there seems to be two pods connected to each other where user enters one pod, and exits the other pod with their avatar. If avatar 'dies' then user wakes up in their own body no harm done except for any mental trauma. Like might develop arachnophobia if avatar was covered by hundreds of spiders biting over and over doing minimal damage until avatar is nickel and dimed to death.

Dex-chan lover
"The hero always wins in the end"

Eh.. lately a lot of fantasy and isekai is dumping on that idea.

@Mathiason

Whoa, those were nice things to know

Lol

to think I'd actually see a party acknowledge their mistake of kicking out the actual essential dude of the party... noice

also too bad... you may be a good dude and a hero but u ain't the mc

Dex-chan lover
Man Phoenix is actually such a bro.

@Qelix
Tbh, I think if Phoenix sees how much mc is valued on the other side he'll probably be happy for him since mc is getting the recognition he deserves

Wow im reading past comments and im seeing that people dont like Phoenix??
Are you friggen joking Phoenix is the only one who acknowledged and stood up for mc all this time.
How are people bashing Phoenix but not that asshole party member who wanted him out in the first place??

You people are too used to scummy parties that you're transferring that mentality to Phoenix when hes actually such a bro.

Dex-chan lover
Lol Lily had affinity with the succubi. Thank you for another great chapter.

Double-page supporter
they showed such weak remorse upon finally realizing MC's value, but well I might see it next time

A bunch of dickheads. They don't even care that much about what they did to the MC. Let's hope they suffer even more than this.

Aggregator gang
If you played SMT before, you know for a fact that debuffing the hell out of the enemy as well as buffing the hell out of your team is absolutely necessary. You take one out and then your party might as well crumble.

Power Uploader
I wish the hero wasn't so "The hero always wins in the end" this tells me that he is not going to like it when he finds out what Remme is doing now.

Dex-chan lover
I wish the hero wasn't so "The hero always wins in the end" this tells me that he is not going to like it when he finds out what Remme is doing now.
"The hero always wins in the end" is not just an overconfident state of mind.
It's a near inevitability due to the game-type setting.
This is not a real conflict, There is no real death. It's all a theatrical performance made for entertainment.
This means that the hero can challenge each floor of the demon lord's domain indefinitely, then go rest and continue where he left off.
On the hero's side, one victory is enough to progress. On the demon's side, any victory is meaningless.
If the hero is even just a little less strong than the demons, he can win with perseverance and a bit of luck.
And this hero is not "just a little less strong", he's stronger than most floor bosses here. So his statement is nearly an objective fact. Doesn't mean he will win this time though. :D

Dex-chan lover
Wow this is a first for me, not only is the hero not a complete walking pile of trash, but he actually knows the truth about Remme and still sticks up for him

Most of the time with these stories, the "heros" end up being the opposite and becoming the final boss due to how low they sink when their fame starts going up in smoke

Aggregator gang
Wow this is a first for me, not only is the hero not a complete walking pile of trash, but he actually knows the truth about Remme and still sticks up for him

Most of the time with these stories, the "heros" end up being the opposite and becoming the final boss due to how low they sink when their fame starts going up in smoke
Its so weird seeing all these comments trash talking the hero. He defending MC, and "HAVE" to keep his friend powers a secret, but seem like most people forgot about that part. -_-

Dex-chan lover
Its so weird seeing all these comments trash talking the hero. He defending MC, and "HAVE" to keep his friend powers a secret, but seem like most people forgot about that part. -_-
Wait people are talking shit about the hero in this? That actually eluded me, if this was all like the generic genre of Isekai manga then we all would be in the right to talk shit about said hero

Maybe I should reread the comments, those people hating would be considered dumbasses for the pointless hate

Aggregator gang
Wait people are talking shit about the hero in this? That actually eluded me, if this was all like the generic genre of Isekai manga then we all would be in the right to talk shit about said hero

Maybe I should reread the comments, those people hating would be considered dumbasses for the pointless hate
Agreed, I dont know if he becomes an asshole later, but as of now, he is actually cool.

I can respect that Alvar, despite being a loud-mouthed ass, has the integrity to call out Lily for not speaking up for Remme.

Users who are viewing this thread