THE ISEKAI DOCTOR Any sufficiently advanced medical science is indistinguishable from magic. - Ch. 30

Supporter
You got to look in their perspective
Yeah people always forget that your surroundings develop your self, we have a centuries old culture that's always been such strong sense of hierarchy and with education focusing on a xeno mindset and you're gonna expect that most of the people don't believe on how they were raised? even people who don't fully commit will still be tainted in some ways by it because it builds your moral compass

Double-page supporter
I want to know what is up with that slime so BADLY. Like, is it an elder elemental? Physical embodiment of Water itself? Part of Gaia???
They treat it with the utmost respect and even venerate it so we know that loo in its eyes was serious business.
Rimuru was ready to evaporate them with Gluttony beam

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter!

The six star reaction is expected, while they are not evil-bad, but still pretty much growing up like the rest of human that have xenophobic/human supremacy tendency

What matter here is Ecles intention regarding non human is still pretty much hidden. And also that Elder slime being a hidden observer/guardian as usual (that actually hiding great power, hopefully) is cute and menacing at the same time

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
just because there's competition, they had to purge them, just wow
That's just normal Human behavior, do you know how many start-ups and companies with promise get bought up by bigger companies only to get shut down ? Heck it's so common that it become a legit way to get the quick bucks just open a start up that would appear threatening enough to the industry giants and they'll buy you out and you can retire.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
For centuries humans were treated as nothing more than slaves only healing magic gave them equal footing as the rest of the other race.
But it's not equal anymore, humans have grown conceited. That's why God sent Amami, to level out the playing field. Humans will still have their valuable healing asset, but won't be able to charge exorbitant sums.

I wonder how humans would act if they knew that Amami is basically another iteration of their Clemeneus and will probably also have 10 disciples/apprentice doctors. Isn't going against God's will heresy?

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the update and for continuing!! Yeah, unfortunately, K Manga is only available in the US so it sucks orz.

Dex-chan lover
Do you follow the corrupted views of your religion
It doesn't seem like there are corrupted views in their religion, it's more so corruption within their church (people vying for power rather than following their scripture or such), and the existential threat to the human race of having their main source of power taken away.
What's to stop humans from being on the back foot for trade and politics? What's to stop humans from being immediately invaded if everyone can heal themselves now?

This series has gone out of their way to show every race in equally good and scummy lights;
The dragon's used their strength to basically threaten and force everyone according to their whims, until the Queen dragon was healed.
The Vampires Attacked the Queen dragon not too long ago and made threats.
The Dark Elves just attacked the World tree kingdom to get a singular healer - and likely didn't do to humans under the threat of possibly losing all access to healers.

The big issue seems to be political and racial, and everybody is at each other's throat. Everyone we meet for the first time seems to be pretty hesitant to trust MC or those around him until he makes a grand spectacle of healing someone.
This isn't a 'humans are evil' story, but a 'can't we all just get along?' story...

Well at least so far, I wouldn't be surprised if the humans do something so bad that they end up being loathed throughout the rest of the series, as that tends to be the cliche.

Dex-chan lover
But it's not equal anymore, humans have grown conceited. That's why God sent Amami, to level out the playing field. Humans will still have their valuable healing asset, but won't be able to charge exorbitant sums.

I wonder how humans would act if they knew that Amami is basically another iteration of their Clemeneus and will probably also have 10 disciples/apprentice doctors. Isn't going against God's will heresy?
not really it won't be equal

I mean vampires, demons, and dragons all turn into living nukes when they are old enough give them healing and they are practically immortal. healing magic is humanities deterrence once other race has their own way to heal then humanity no longer has a barrier against them in case they wish to invade. I am sure there will be peace during the MCs time but what about in the next couple of centuries will the next leaders be as peaceful ? and what do you know there was also peace during Clemeneus time, most likely healing the other race too given they didn't go extinct, well until humans went greedy with it.

Also the god's caused this bullshit from the start if they made all race equal from the start and not turn humans as slaves for other race none of this would have happened and then they caused another bullshit when they gave humans healing,the god legit have bad track record here unless they give human one more thing another deterrence besides healing or things won't end well for humanity several centuries from now. call it heresy but it's obvious their god is incompetent

I am sure they won't show this part in the story,where the other race ain't scared of humans anymore and so has a reason to attack them again , cause it has to have a happy ending but realistically humanity will get fucked in the very far future kinda like the ending of AoT. well the god can just isekai someone else again and save humanity and the cycle continues.

Dex-chan lover
Also am i to conceited to call this the lord of the rings of manga? I don't recall a manga that's been so expansive on cultural levels while having strong christian influencer like this one is (also this manga is impossible to adapt into animation imo)
Not exactly what you described, but do check:
  • The faraway paladin. There aren't any direct relation to Christianity here, but many things there make me think that "the author is probably Christian." The latest arc is almost a rip off from LotR, that Moria part.
  • Hakumei and Mikochi. No Christianity reference here, but world building and cultural are plenty. Great art.
  • The courier, the dragon, the hero. This is more of middle age reference.

Dex-chan lover
Implication seems to be an elder elemental, possibly a piece of one, considering it has more abilities than just being water-like, since it was able to provide Amami the ability to understand and speak this world's languages.
My theory is that they are a Sap of The World Tree and probably the one who teleported MC to this world

Users who are viewing this thread