The Knight and Her Emperor - Ch. 64

Fed-Kun's army
I.. i have ptsd with mass update, i was very afraid for a second that the team will drop this manhwa T_T
thanks for the translation guys,,,

Double-page supporter
Why all this ridiculous retarded play? Just execute them for treason. They're obviously plotting to ruin the guard unit with their retarded politics, so do a public execution for treason and be done with it. Both the treasonous guards and the treasonous nobles. You already know who they are, so just GET ON WITH IT!

Double-page supporter
Waaaah thanks so much for the MASSIVE UPDATE!
You friggin scared me though, these mass updates have scarred me in the past, glad you guys aren't dropping it or anything!

Whew political fights here we go. I'm not sure how Pauliana's gonna fall for Lucius with this current pacing, and seems like Lucius has decided to even just take her as a... Concubine. A friggin concubine!
Tbh it doesn't sit well with me despite understanding their society

BRUH, concubine? Are you serious? Can't you just let her be a freaking amazing spinster whose existence makes the life of women better?

I hate this.

Also imagine working hard all your life in a sexist society and getting this far, just to become a bed warmer for a dude who can't keep it in his pants. Ugh.

Awww, Paul. Observant as ever except for his majesty's obvious flirt.
So the king did have a harem those puppy's love reactions have fooled me.😯😮

@Tensaitkuroneko

Thank you!

Making her a concubine is a fucking insult to everything she has achieved and I can’t believe he would even consider it.

Miss Paul deserves so much better.

@Tensaitkuroneko

That's...not exactly what concubines are, at least not always. A great number of concubines are given the position because of either merit, intelligence, or the ability to politic extremely well. Of course, the personal relationship one has to the king is what allows concubinage, but being a royal concubine is basically an executive office in the government, or at least a major politician or lobbyist. Kings wouldn't need to make women their concubines to sleep with them, they'd just call them to their room. Making Pauliana a concubine wouldn't really be the wisest or best of decisions, but it would probably give her considerable power (not that she'd need it considering she's a marquess AND the commander of the royal knights).

Dex-chan lover
@Tensaitkuroneko
I think you are looking at the word with the modern meaning not with how it was used in the medieval times.

Thanks for the giga-chad-mega update. Thank god it wasn't "updating because we are dropping it".
The only thing that surprised me was that with so many chapters there wasn't even one bald Lucius!

Group Leader
Thanks for the mass release 🥺 Still one of the best webtoons out there, and your release quality is 👌👌👌👌✨✨✨

thank you sooooo much for this mass release TT-TT such a pleasant surprise~ 😊

@shoujotrash respect that idea, but nonetheless, I doubt he thinks that way.
He's disrespectful, and only wants to own her, and is not looking at her happiness - court life will suffocate her, but that doesn't matter to him.
And making her a concubine means he'll probably take other wives. She won't be cherished like she should be, only having any relevance as long as the king's fancy lasts(which was also a reality of all the well accomplished concubines).

The best thing the king can do for her is award her a status, and a source of income and stop interfering in her life henceforth.

That's why. Reducing her to a concubine dependent on his fancies is despicable considering her amazing achievements.

I'm grateful the fact that you replied with great points. Thanks for the convo!

@shoujotrash
Nice attempt, but nowadays most people not only don't know the basic history or the simple fact that life is harsh for everyone- now some can't even distinguish difference between reality and fiction...

People should understand not only that this full fantasy (with a lot of understatements and error as for "Historical" one anyway), but also the fact that harems never were really a thing outside of some Asian and Muslim/Arabic countries/nations.
In this story the main advantage probably would be that she would become untouchable and free to do what ever she want as long as he would be at the top.

Sorry but I can't take seriously sir Zaino, because in Italian "zaino" means "backpack", so for me he is Sir Backpack 😂😂😂😂😂

Dex-chan lover
@Tensaitkuroneko
He's disrespectful
She got to all the way up from a POW to the commander of royal guards because he respected her for what she had done and what she could do. He trusts her with his life ffs!
and is not looking at her happiness - court life will suffocate her
Are there any signs of court life being suffocating to her? If anything, her homeland is suffocating to her. So far she's content with her position as his royal guard. She had dozens of opportinities to leave his side and do whatever she wants with her life, but she chose not to, because serving the Emperor with her life is what she considers her ultimate happiness. And what else would she do anyway? Country life is boring, she's not interested in marriage as of now, and thanks to the Emperor, there's no wars to be fought.
The best thing the king can do for her is award her a status
He's working on giving her the status of Marquess.
and a source of income
She was awarded, um, two fiefs, I think?
and stop interfering in her life henceforth.
At no point he interfered in her private life, and she was granted the freedom to pursue any life opportunities fairly early. He's mentally preparing himself for the day when she gets married, he's preparing to let his feelings go. And its her choise to follow him anyway.

I am not saying I like the notions of her joining his harem, but these were only his thoughts without any follow up, so it's too early to judge him for that. Especially when we don't know what "harem" and "concubine" actually entail in this world

Users who are viewing this thread