Double-page supporter
Hoe: I'm pregnant.
Doc: How so?
Hoe: I shove a cucumber in there.
Doc: And....?
Hoe: Now i'm pregnant.
Doc: *surprised pikachu*

@FeBriz

oh thank you for telling me! I guess I haven't been reading it carefully lol.

Though... why did that concubine suddenly call the doctor after receiving the letter from her father?

@heml8ck I was personally under the impression that he was visting their chambers but not *visiting their chambers*, though I may be mistaken.

Edit: Having continued to read the comments further below yours I now realise I was mistaken and definitely agree he should put some distance.
Also, I would love to see her getting a hobby or *anything* other than serving the emperor to care about as well.

its either true or she's feeling rushed or maybe she's just late. cuz they like it don't matter as long as you're first.

Dex-chan lover
I feel sorry for all the concubines and women, whenever they want to do something a man would do people around them start spouting off about tradition and how a woman's place is at home with the kids. Anyone wanting a different life would look up to Paulina since she's the first woman they've seen become something other than a spouse

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@Feiyaaaa Whoops. I missed the 's.

Not explicitly stated in the novel nor is it a general fact everywhere about King marriages (due to different cultures) but as far as this story is concerned, this is true because

1) This "kind" King wants to be "fair" to the extent that he thought of "ditching" his love Paulliana. (It wouldn't be fair to the three if he were to go for someone else while they married him out of obligation)
2) Its an obligatory marriage. He doesn't actually want to marry any of them but had to because of politics (to make it look like he will properly take care of the surrendered kingdom)
3) The need for an heir means none of the concubines are Empresses yet. Its why their parents are pushing for them to have a child. If the Empress is aligned to their kingdom, they get more benefits.

Wait wtf
So is he really sleeping with them or not?
She better not be lying!

Also, instead of marrying who he loves, he’s put pressure on all these poor women and tbh it’s lame. He should’ve been focused on reforming the laws & customs instead of appeasing a bunch of old f—ks that could easily be stabbed... Why do they even have power? They didn’t come to the new capital, so they shouldn’t have kept their titles (as was mentioned previously).
This is BS!!

Dex-chan lover
We all know that in the end, all the concubines and Lucius are just part of Paulianna's harem.
The kid is hers too /j

@BananowyJE tru, it's just Paul's harem, paulina and her warrior waifuus and the emperor.
ngl I need a yuri route in this manwha, where a lot of changes come and she falls in love with a girl and to make her happy
he has to legalise same sex marriage tehe

Ughhhhh! I don't know how Paulina will fall in love with the emperor, I'm so hopeless!

'Is this how you hold it?' - omg this could be interpreted the wrong way...
Like seriously

duck 😶 i thought that emperor doesnt sleep with them 🤨 or does he? 🤔 im so confused right now 🤯
thank you for new chap

Thanks for the update!

One does eventually have his kid. He has a drunken encounter with Pauliana after she dodges marriage from some douche, and he confesses to her and she runs away either pregnant or with their kid.

Users who are viewing this thread