The Knight and Her Emperor

Sometime ago I read some spoiler and SPOILER:
Pauliana and Lucius will be together after 3 proposes by him. Initially Pauliana doesn't want to marry him because of her last name, she doesn't want to change it. And Lucius, at first, want to give up on her and then he takes 3 concubines. But all of them cheat on him, so then he decide to return to Pauliana.
Should I be sincere? I am Donau team cause after all he really loves her.

That marriage proposal made me scream!!! I was like:

HUH!!!!!

Hahahah!! It was so unexpected!

Dex-chan lover
holeshet, i just started to read this at 1st chapter, and i thought that the FL was the blonde one. i got tricked by the cover😂

I know Paulina and Lucius r probably endgame,
but Donau sincerely likes and respects her. N out of everyone he’s the most likely to make her happy. I’m team Donau even tho is most likely won’t happen [

@ForeverTheSky
Did it mention in the novel that she've been a**l r*pe? How does the topic been brought up? Like she thought about or ? I'm no words to say and i really feel bad for her.

@MeredithB
the novel mentions it as it happens in real time. The commander’s name is Sir Batre and is known to use his authority to sexually assault recruits who have a pretty face regardless of gender. That’s why Pauliana originally thought she was safe.
Tw : r*pe. I’m going to quote the novel so don’t read if it’s triggering to you.
”And then, it happened. She expected this, but what actually happened inside the tent was a shock to her. As soon as she walked in, she was pushed down on a table on her stomach, and she was sodomized. She struggled in pain, but Sir Batre continued and as he climaxed, he shuttered and whispered, “You are still a noble woman, so I will be generous and allow you to remain intact.” Indeed, she still technically remained a virgin just like all the other boys before her. When she left the tent, she went into the forest to kick and punched a tree angrily, just as the other victimized boys have done before her. She was r*ped, yet her eyes remained dry. Other knights called her a touchy b*tch because she didn’t cry. Pauliana thought about pretending to cry, but she decided against it. If she cried, they would’ve laughed at her and say that she was weak because she was a girl. Time passed like this, and soon enough, the first snow fell.”

@ispcizero3rd Understandable. Lucius really is an asshole in the novel, but he does get better. However, this doesn’t mean what he has done previously didn’t happen. It doesn’t simply erase the sht he has done in the past just because he became a better person. All-in-all, I’m happy with the manhwa’s take on Lucius. They made him much more likable in comparison to the novel.
So when he and Pauliana gets together, it’s not as uncomfortable. Although, I’ve always rooted for Donau both in the novel and manhwa haha

@ForeverTheSky
Ugh this makes me so sad and hesitant to ship cuz I want Lucius and Pauliana to be end game and they probably will but I’m glad the manhwa toned down some things. Even tho the light novel is probably more realistic to that time period, it’s still sad and sucks for women. Even tho it’s typical for a ruler to have concubines
I hate that Lucius still takes in 3 of them
this is why I don’t enjoy rulers being the ML as much anymore cuz the other person always ends up suffering. You either only have me or you don’t have me at all!

Wow reading those spoilers... Shocking indeed but glad they didn't do that dark stuff in the manwha. I like the current lucius because his many reactions to pauliana is funny as fk. And aino is like
teasing lucius so much that it is hilarious in many ways lol

I REALLLY wanted Paulina to end up with Donau they're so cute together :(( but I guess Paulina really sees him like a kid still,, Donau really understands her and Lucius is really cute and sticks up for her but there's only so much he can do for her without being seen poorly :mad:

OMG I’m reading spoilers in the comments cause how can u not? But like .... what? Nooooo..... what? I’m in disbelief. I’m so glad they didn’t add the dark angsty theme into the manhwa but I’m so sad it’s in the novel. And I totally get its more realistic to the time/era it’s written in but.... still. Was just so rooting for the emperor but now I’m Kinda like... 😒 I can’t believe the things that happened to her. I’m honestly so sad and mad for her. Now I’m like viewing everything in a new light. It makes sense now why when she was running away, the knights who caught her said the things they did. I wish the first time it happened to her she killed the guy 😒 he deserves it. But it happened often during that time then and I’m sure it still happens now. It’s just no one wants to confess to it cause it’s not easy to talk about. And it’s just easier for people to look the other way and assume it’s not happening. Sadly.

my personal opinion:
first season was good, super good, hella good

but- I feel the second season isn’t as great?

I don't care about Lucius being the ML, I'm team Donau and I'll always be!!!

Thank you for the new chapters!

Group Leader
DONAU... IS SUCH A SWEETIE... lowkey disappointed he wasn't a real love interest for Pauliana honestly

Users who are viewing this thread