The Lady and the Beast - Ch. 19

Double-page supporter
Hmm, kinda rough. The maid doesn't deserve forgiveness, nor does Baron that raped her, but her child is the one that's going to suffer the most. Even if Astina just ejects the maid from the household she is as good as dead and so is her child. The best they could possibly hope for is to be adopted by the Barons family, but that is highly unlikely to happen. If Astina forgives the maid that's just as bad. She has to be punished to prevent future shenanigans. Set an example. I guess there's an option to wait for the child to be born and eject the maid afterwards, but then how is she going to raise a child?

There's no good solution for that situation.

To all the people ragging on Elise. Are we...are we reading the same manwha? This young girl (who is in her late teens to early 20's at best) got raped by a man in power and impregnated. Afterwards, she was used over and over again in his benefit because she wanted to survive. Sure, it was naive of her to believe he'd protect her to the very end, but she literally had no choice. If her hometown's punishment for pregnancy out of wedlock is to be stoned to death, one can extrapolate how isolating she must have felt when she had no allies from the beginning. She already cut ties from her family in shame, so after she's kicked out, it is more likely she would starve to death or even die in childbirth in a ditch.

Dex-chan lover
@melonpalooza Most people in the comments are unemphatic idiots who only care for beautiful people and royalty, yet probably would backstab somebody the same way if ever put into such a situation. You can also tell from the lack of English grammar that they often fail to pick up on important clues.

Both of them are so adorable , can't wait until he become human again ><

Thank you for the chapter ❤️

Dex-chan lover
She was raped, exploited, abused and gaslit by someone far above her social status. She’s been suffering all this time and alienated anyone she could have asked for help among her peers. She’s an unmarried pregnant maid. Her employer would have no reason to support her as she will be unable to work soon, and if Astina found out on her own that she was the one stealing information the least she would face is immediate dismissal, so either way she won’t be able to support herself or the baby. Her life is ruined, of course she’s desperate enough to try this.

She’s so cool! So proud of her for immediately noticing the poison. And making sure she took it from her. And noticing the maid was pregnant.

Thank you for translating this chapter.

Supporter
I can't wait to see if he continue to be a puppy when he got his human body back :D

our dutchess is so gracious <3 i love her so much I want to be like herrr

thanks for the updates and had work!

I was just wondering where the readers had put that shred of empathy necessary for pure and simple survival among civilized people, but at least the last comments gave me hope in the human species.

Ah, thanks for translation!

poor Elize, I hope the Baron dies horribly. And that she and her child are happy. I love Astina just being a total bamf and dominating everything and Theo being a cute doggo. (I hope she soon kisses his head or something so we can get some human interactions)

Users who are viewing this thread