The Lady and the Beast - Ch. 19

@mjreads yeah, savingyourtouches is truly a great scan group. They translate decent if not good comics, good quality, quickly, and in large quantities.

Dex-chan lover
Really that girl got off easy? I would really like to see her getting her pinky finger cut

I wonder how things would turn out for the maid if she went straight to her as soon as everybody was arrested; I understand not trusting her at first (wich doesn't justify her awful treatment towards her and the other maids btw) but after she whooped all the corrupted asses she had a choice - and in the end she choose power over anything else.

Is a pity honestly, she could have been a powerful ally....

Fed-Kun's army
The maid will probably still get punished in some way. Also, it was cute when wolf Duke thought he was going to be punished when she took the sword.

OK ngl, why do I want the Duke to remain in his wolf form forever tho- btw thanks for the TL!

@beazacha

No I wouldn't necessarily say the maid "chose power," but believed she "had no choice" just like the Baron said. This is basically a victim being perfectly groomed by the perpetrator in a society that's unforgiving against women, esp low status etc. The Baron is basically saying that whatever happens to him will happen to her since she's involved in giving information etc.

She's been manipulated to believe that power is what she "wants" or rather "needs" (ie the baron) because without it she's going to be left in the dust, esp after being pregnant with his child. It's honestly pretty sad.

Please. That maid had her loyalties bent like a fucking rubber band. I’m sad she’s pregnant and all, but she needs to experience the consequences of her actions.

Also the duke being simpleton of a dog is so cute.

Aggregator gang
I mean... astina was raped too before, forced by situation. I can see why she took pity on this girl. I mean she presistently said she has someone she loves but the baron kept pushing her and threatens her. I want her to get punished but not so extreme as to get fired or killed.

Ah yeah, i totally forgot that in her past life she did end up being raped. I wonder how she will take care of this situation and if she will be harsh on the maid.

Duke doggo is such a mood. Watching him being adorable brings so much peace to me lol

Thank you for the ultra fast releases!!! Saving your tooches since 2k19 brightens my day once again with some awesome doggo antics! 😍

Also, I love the nuanced complexities of the characters in this story. It really makes for a great reading.

@beazacha, remember that she tried to get rid of the baby, multiple time, raped, pregnant and alone because of that, so "chose to have power", nope, she just wanted to survive, she and the baby, and sadly, the asshole know that.

Users who are viewing this thread