The Lady and the Beast - Ch. 23

How i wish amazing webtoons like this could be animated ╯﹏╰
I feel like i'm rooting for benjamin... But she doesnt feel anything romantic for anyone yet so....why do Second maleleads always have painful paths...(╥_╥)

why do I get the feeling that what happen in the past (previous life) will happen again with that evil emperor being the villian again. I mean it looks like not only astina was the only one that was reincarnated but is the only one who remember her previous life 🤔🤨

She's going to pass up a worthwhile, loyal man for the dangerous option, based on a trap agreement intended to kill her. That's the worst part about female powerfantasy stories and movies and the protagonists always benefit in the end, even though that logic leads to suffering in real life.

That dude's going to continue to be annoying in the future. I can already tell. Calling it now, but he's going to do some stupid shit to try and "do what's best for her."

Double-page supporter
Damn the dude got not only got friendzoned by the character but friendzone by the story through parallels.

@Hollow7F you can't raise your noble rank that easily but you can rack up achievements to be more well known or be like an admired bachelor/ prospective marriage partner. And didn't she pass on the empire to her assistant who she thought looks similar to him. So in other words the assistant become emperor and he is a descendant of the emperor so most likely he's a prince. Or a heir of a duke if he is born to a brother of the king.

Why are people still going on about unwanted help when she literally just told him she'd like for him to stay because it'd be useful to her to have competent people she trusts?

Theo probably can still understand human speech which is why he's like "Bite? I think I can do that. GRRRRR."

Only because he's been reeled in and dominated by our MC. I think he can think more clear with the fear that his beast brain feels from Astina. lol

Dex-chan lover
@Kittypony True, but in this case MC's a world-weary, veteran badass with top-tier fighting skills. She's probably handled worse monsters than Theo in her last life.

@sonyaism
Spoilers mention Theo's mind is fully beast when he's a wolf.

I didn't want to partake in this discussion but I felt many were being unfair to Benjamin. He was doing what any good friend would do, going to your help your friends when knowing they had been pushed into a difficult, potentially fatal, situation.
Regardless of how strong one is, that does not mean one does not need extra help. Indeed Astina did think and ask for his help, just in a different capacity. Moreover he backed off when he realized she was totally capable, and told her he trusted her.
Imagine your best friend is forced to go fight a rumored mafia boss. No matter if your friend is the MMA champion, would you think it's right to let your friend go at it alone or would you run there to help in any way you can?
The mentality that strong people don't need help is quite unhealthy. It forces the strong to always be strong no matter the situation, and to take care of things by themselves. It isolates them, and can make one feel lonely, voluntarily or not. I'm of the opinion that everyone needs help, big or small, at some point, even if they don't explicitly ask.
Back to the story, I have a feeling people are more peeved because Benjamin is a guy, and we as readers saw how she tamed the beast easily. But put yourself in his shoes, all he knows is the Duke is a bloodthirsty beast, and his friend has been forced to marry that beast. You're telling me you as a friend would just shrug and say hey she could handle it, and just go about your day as usual? It's not like she said she needed help or not. I perceive that as being cold and uncaring.
I suspect the stance of strong women needing no man's help plays a role in these complaints. That's a toxic mentality, much like toxic masculinity.
Phew, now that I got it off my chest I can go back to enjoying the series now. Benjamin is a good and respectful friend and man, so far.

Users who are viewing this thread