The Misfit of Demon King Academy - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - The Brand of an Unqualified Student

Double-page supporter
Unless the formula changes soon I do not think I'll follow this much longer. MC says, shows, and proves his dominance overwhelming from the start and all these mooks are unable to shake the thought loose that maybe they're not in the ascendance? I mean really multi-ressing a guy from the dead, the magic circles, neverminding 1 month old super baby grow up magic.

Dex-chan lover
This is going to get boring if he doesn't get recognized in like ten chapters....

Dex-chan lover
Okay girl be like that, looking forward to seeing our boy mindbreak you next chapter

I want to slap that bitch of the ruins.

xD

I REALLLLLLYYY WANT TO SLAP HER!

Holy crap! This manga is extremely interesting and I can't wait for what's coming. Thanks for the scanlation! :D

I havent had a kanade like best girl in a LONG TIME gimme gimme!

Even if she is actual doll but she is way better than you.
Your existence is so hideous that i much prefer talking to my pillow than you.

let me drop the cold water on the burn area.

Dex-chan lover
So, let me see if I got this right...

In the last chapter, the MC used magic far above the ability of anyone in living memory, including the ability to kill and resurrect people at a whim, in the middle of combat, in front of a stadium full of witnesses, and no one seems to realize that this guy might be someone they want to be an ally of. Is that right? People should be falling all over themselves trying to get on this guy's good side, or, if they are a little bit smarter, should have left town and traveled as far away from him as possible, because he appears to be one bad mood away from leveling a city. Yeah, sure you are always going to have some people who are going to using clubs and slings, even after they see someone drive up in and fire off a tan. But even if this hierarchy is so culturally ingrained that the more rigid-minded cannot see beyond it, there are always people in every society that can figure out when the order of things has just been upset, and that this means either an opportunity to exploit, or a calamity to flee. There should be numerous people reacting to the demigod walking amidst them, not just this younger sister.

Is this justified any better in the Web Novel, or is it as face-palming ridiculous as it is here?

@Thor Yes there is a reason why this happen and it's explained later, if you don't mind spoilers here is why.

As it has been hinted for a while, the information the people of that era has of the founder is completely different to how it was really, reason for which no one thinks Arnos=Demon Lord
Then we have the "pure-blooded" demons that are extremely racist toward all demons of "mixed blood" (which Arnos reincarnated as) so even if they know he is strong, their racist views are so strong they refuse to accept that he is superior to them.
Finally somewhat related to the second point, the "mixed blood" demons do actually recognize Arnos strenght and really admire him for his actions (some to the point of worship) since he is constantly going against the belief that "pure-blooded" demons are superior that has been forced on them for all their life, and they do believe that he is the demon lord.

Dex-chan lover
um with all those doll insults and how she looks and saying she's not of demonblood, i am 96% sure she's like a descendent of the god of creation chick

Fed-Kun's army
While on the one hand it feels nonsensical the current state of magic makes it believable in a sense.

All basic facts about what who where and why the demon lord did anytihng is lost to time including use of or even proper knowledge of forbidden spells.

90% of people that heard someone was resurrected in a stadium would deem it as lies. Those borthers who probably believe he is revived at this point only have reasons to denounce him as well as all the royalty. He is a threat to their power, which is entirely built on the idea of being in closer proximity to the true demon lord. He would just waltz in and take their power so im sure this will continue until he does something larger scale for a while longer.

Truly if he really wanted to be recognized immediately he would blow up the school or a few demon cities or build a tower of babel in front of the school or something that all people across the continent can see as the rebirth of the demon lord.

Fed-Kun's army
Is it wrong that I want the MC to flick the sister like the dude from earlier?

Users who are viewing this thread