The Misfit of Demon King Academy - Vol. 4 Ch. 13.5

@Qelix

why not go for both and have a harem consisting of all genders. Heck, just go for all races like interspecies reviewers

@MemoryIris
basically since the human side hatred against the demon lord is too strong, kanon realized that theres no way to obtain peace unless he kill the demon lord, so he asked for cooperation from the demonkind to change the demon lord name to avos dillheavia and spread it as the true name (they were against it at first but eventually agreed). Kanon would take up the name to then attack the human realm so that the human side will send their forces to the demon realm. Kanon would then pretend to be beaten by the human side. This way, since the "Demon Lord of Tyranny" is now dead, humans would feel no threat anymore and their hatred for the past 2000 years would be eased up. It took up the whole 2000 years so that arnos name would truly be forgotten by everyone, he was also hoping that humankind hatred would somewhat weaken but due to the magic of 1 character yet to appear in the manga, their hatred is as strong as ever.

Kanon is doing all that to protect his promise with arnos, he even tried to reincarnate multiple times until he gets reincarnated as demonkin, the current Ray.

Dex-chan lover
The harem power goes beyond To Love-Ru level.

It only needs to break age barrier, after breaking gender barrier

@Kaarme If you consider the world of mangas, he could not only be reborn on the demon continent, but as a cute girl, because "manga logic" 😂

Dex-chan lover
@ninjadoparana True enough. Let's be glad he, at least, is male. If he was reborn as a cute girl, fell for Anoth, and then Anoth decided to return her (his?) memories, things could get awkward.

Double-page supporter
@einherz
I was actually asking about something different, but already got one of the answers after rereading the series through the WN translations.
Up until the Ray = Kanon = Avos reveal, you're given the assumption that Avos is trying to kill Anoth so that no one will ever find out the truth. Except there's no reason for Avos to try and kill Anoth, he just doesn't want Anoth to be targeted by that one guy's grudge.
Melheiz is explained in that the guy who attacked him was actually a 3rd party instead of Avos, but I still don't understand why Ivis attacked. Did he get stabbed by one of those swords too? Was there a 3rd origin mixed in and not just one of Kanons?

Dex-chan lover
@Rongmario: I refuse!

@cooltapwater: Ooh..my God. That that might also be a possibility is rather horrifying. Then there is no escape. But welp, MC is handling his harem rather fine. He is buttering them up and then still doing his stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread