The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 21

Dex-chan lover
@Cyoteblack it was factual and at the same time quite stupid. We are attempting to do the flu killing people with new drugs and shots. We raise awareness for suicide and depression. We are trying to curb automobile deaths and make safer cars year after year. For the violence that occurred the people with power are currently blaming video games and movies...

There is a time and place for everything but that was neither nor.

It was good for the author to remind us that behind all the cuteness and fluff there is a rather dark story and a power that nobody understands. I do believe that it was the first time the darkness/shadow seemed to have its own sentience.

I predict that magic training with Ruenti (that can't possibly be the right romanization can it?) will go badly and she'll scare the bejeezus out of him.

OMG EVERYONE IN THE HOUSEHOLD IS SO SWEETTTT I'M SQUEALINGGGG. Even the monster under her bed is cute too hahahahaha

Dex-chan lover
@Jebsu
Opinion is irrelevant. Scientists come with facts. His point is that there are a large number of tragedies that shouldn't exist. And we, as a species, are suffering constantly. And for these issues, there is no news coverage. Soon enough, there will be little coverage for public shootings because they will be common and because legislators will, like they've done with those other issues, ignore ways to fix it as professionals within that field are ignored, just as they have constantly ignored the fact the mental help is needed to be addressed.

Double-page supporter
@Rathendar When the dark-infused bunny kills that deserving person, I really hope Leslie doesn't freak out and question it. After all she's gone through, it'd be a complete 180 of her personality and would ruin the story. If anything, I hope she's either smiling as they get torn to shreds or staring with disdain as the person drowns in darkness. She's a cute cinnamon bun that needs protected, sure, but she's also quite twisted inside.

On a related note, I'm quite looking forward to her getting revenge on the Sperado family. From what I can understand she has the power to kill them now, but she wants to ruin them in every way possible before she finishes them off.

Double-page supporter
I don't really understand why this family has a reputation of being scary. They are all beautiful people both inside and out. Being strong in battle and protecting the kingdom should be seen as heroic, not scary. Well, scary to your enemies only. Even then, one respects skills and honor even in an enemy. Is it because she's a women and her husband is a commoner that they have such a bad rep?

Dex-chan lover
@Cyoteblack

it's kinda a mental health issue and kinda not. A pretty solid theory has come up since the violence report came out a little while ago that basically suggest that the sharp decline in serial killers over the last few years is actually due to them shifting their MO over to public shootings due to serial killers tendency to blend and mix reasons and political rhetoric now giving them permission to target certain people. That, plus one of the common factors for serial killers being a desire for fame through violence, seems to be a driving force for whats going on right now.

Now here's the thing and why this doesn't really fit as a mental health problem, serial killers typically don't have mental health problems and the shooters as of late are consistent with this. They lack coping skills and are ego driven but they are generally considered mentally sane. If you label the problem as mental health, there might not be much of a result. The actions we'll need to take to counter-act serial killers, political terrorism, and a mental health epidemic are three entirely different sets of actions.

Dex-chan lover
how was calling the rabbit and the shadow black... racist? They're not human anymore and even if they were it would just be a statement about their obvious physical features. She doesn't hold negative opinions or prejudice against them based on their color. I'm only stating this because while racists are 100% awful people we should try to draw a line based on what's a harmless statement vs a statement made with clear ill intent.

Anyways, to think she'd actually start crying about the cookie. She's acting more and more her age at last. Also, training arc soon.jpg!

Aggregator gang
Oh my goodness this story is just too cute! I love the MC! So strong and yet childish, and for once doesn't know everything that is going to happen in the future lol

Is the icing hardens around the boat to keep it afloat?

No! Her S nanny just wants to see her cry!

Dex-chan lover
Glad the maid is warming up to her.

All the cute SOL moments do a lot to make you forget that the main character is powered by the grudges of murdered children.

@Hamin The exact sentence was :- You both look similar because you are both black. Now this is kinda racist if taken out of context, but who cares this manhwa is just amazing, let the small things slide.

Dex-chan lover
@Hamin Yeah there are times when someone can be accidentally racist because of context or history ruining an otherwise harmless comment. I think thats where this thought of it being racist comes in.

An example would be the golliwog doll. If a child had been talking to a black person while holding a golliwog this scene would have been innocent but awkward. I know in Australia atleast its an old debate still going to this day. Mainly because while the dolls as an item could be innocent, the saturation of racism in Australia makes it hard to give such things the benefit of doubt. If you didn't know Australia is very racist but in a way that has become socially acceptable. Its ingrained so deeply into peoples minds that they don't even understand how racist they are. People coming from other countries are often shocked or appalled by it once they actually immerse themselves in the culture. Its pretty much all double talk and assumed. You know when someone is talking down to someone else as if no one knows what they are saying? Thats thick in Australia. Its a little more than that but its kinda hard to explain.

Anyway yes, this wasn't racist. Telling someone they should play with the doll that matches their own skin colour would be racist.

Users who are viewing this thread