The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 25

Double-page supporter
Thanks translator team yal on a roll, I love this manwha

Dex-chan lover
Monster Duchess is going to show these fools the true meaning of the word 'monster' after she finishes hearing this story.

Dex-chan lover
I highly doubt Leslie's powers will go berserk of it's own. The darkness has its own sentience, but for the most part acts according to her wishes. If she feels safe then the shadows won't act, but if they sense her fear of a person then it may act on it self in order to protect her.

But the dutchess though, more perfect mother you need to look hard for. Strong, powerful in every way possible and has the motherly love Leslie sorely needs. Also the husband is that typical doting father that had his wish for a daughter granted and I pity the fool that dares to take that away from him.

Dex-chan lover
My heart. Ddamn, you know, with what she went through, any form of mild 'kindness' would have made her cry and yet she got such a loving family. T^T she did well to leave!
Many thanks

Dex-chan lover
Woo! Finally talking about the legal custody issue. I was wondering how this family would be able to handle it since there doesn't seem to be evidence of wrongdoing on hand and they indeed have a daughter of another house that vanished from their care under "mysterious circumstances".

Yeah, I doubt Leslie's magic will go wild. It's less like magic she conjures and more like a familiar that's a giant shadow made from the souls of dead children.
...I don't think the magic will go wild unless the Spearados are involved.

Weirdly enough, I'm more hyped for the Duchess sharing what she's about to learn here and everyone raging out on Leslie's behalf. Friends, family, servants, readers...everyone loves Leslie, and the outrage will be amazing.

Dex-chan lover
@MCX01 her power is kinda a hivemind of murdered children, attached to a severely abused child... if there was ever a magic that could be put on a hair-trigger it would be hers and because it is of many minds I doubt it would be as simple to calm it. There's a part of me that thinks the Sperado mansion would just implode in darkness if Leslie had to go back there.

Dex-chan lover
@Siquall

IMHO the upcoming history lesson should also make the Duchess and her family less..supportive in regards to the royals, considering that they condoned the human sacrificial practices of the Sperado's.

Dex-chan lover
@icarushector
Really? My logic is the other way around. Because the magic is sentient and composed of basically all of Leslie's predecessors, there's a sense of camaraderie, empathy, and support a magician wouldn't be able to have with their magic normally.

It's more like a familiar than a spell, and as long as she honors her promise to take down the Spearados, I assume her magic will be completely on board. In fact, since they're all kids who lived lives similar to Leslie, I assume that they're all generally on the same page as her, and would agree with most of the things she wants to do.

Dex-chan lover
As if the Duchess needed another reason to hate the Sperado family. Still she needs to know the truth. 😁

Leslie's powers are too strong for her age, if she was not as mentally strong as she is, her powers would have consumed her already and tried to take revenge on their on.

Users who are viewing this thread