The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 55

Fed-Kun's army
Sigh. Saw this one coming, I guess.

Although....... She knows the knights were there to protect her on her parents' orders. So....... Why so mad

Eh, somehow I'm not surprised that characters suddenly get dumber for the sake of D R A M A. I'm not surprised, but that doesn't mean I'm not annoyed by it.

Dex-chan lover
I seriously feel like doing a Prometheus or something(as in the eating liver thing) on the Sperado for pulling such stuff off on Leslie(I get it that all this is just to build plot and stuff and the story's good but it's just annoying af)

As the chapters go, she seem to lose maturity and being more childish. Guess it's what happens when your childhood is stolen from you.

@Antairan I think it's less about her being nice to Leslie than her being Punished for being nice to Leslie back then. So Leslie feels genuinely indebted to her more than if she had stayed working there. Also she DID tell Leslie to bring people that she knew would be able to protect her. I doubt that was part of the Sperado narrative that they gave her.

On a bit of a side note just because education wasn't as wide spread and important to people in the Middle Ages doesn't mean they were stupid if they couldn't get an education. They still needed to know how to pay their taxes and do whatever work they did for a living. Also if she worked in a nobles house she more than likely received at least a rudimentary education in order to work there, so I think that last point of yours is a bit wrong and quite the negative stereotype.

Taxes were a lot more important back then compared to now as nowadays you don't run much risk of being executed or enslaved for not paying your taxes.

I know it's for the sake of the story but it felt really out of character for her to yell at the make knights and make them wait outside.
So far she has done things for the sake of the contract because she knows some things must be done. So why not let the knights follow their orders now? Plus she knows the staff treats her well and wouldn't just be rude or bully her or the lady she is visiting.
Has she really gotten so spoiled and rude in such a short time?

Dex-chan lover
The author's portrayal of Leslie childlike naviety or I suppose ignorance of the malice that the Sperado's hold towards her here is pretty spot on.

Despite knowing of the atrocious lengths, the Sperados would go towards trying to achieve their goals, Leslie basically believes that after Noble Trial the Sperados were incapable of touching her again. Which is true to a certain extent, they can't "directly" interfere with her anymore.

Also I know Leslie doesn't want to rub Amroa the wrong way, but anyone looking at this from outside would think the situation was awfully suspicious or too convenient. Which has been noted multiple times as shared concern by everyone in Salvatore family and Salvatore estate, but Leslie sort of brushes it off their concerns going as far as pushing away the guards who are meant to protect her, and not waiting for the rest of other knights.

even if she get locked in the celler she should be able to escape as the uncle told her how to escape so and when will the plushi be able to move

Leslie has experienced abuse from people that were bad from the beginning
But she hasn't experienced betrayal yet.. right?

I guess it's character development arc..
(do correct me if I'm wrong)

Oh man, if its part of the links in the chain from that bracelet then she's screwed

Why does she suddenly act like an idiot lmao berating the knights doing their job. I know she's a child but come on she was clearly a sensible one in the past chapters.

@Raygunsama She thinks what she is doing is right, Im guessing in her mindset the old maid is her saviour, someone who was nice to her and helped her so no way could she be a threat to her. So the Knights checking for poison and doubting her are being rude in her eyes to a nice person who shouldnt be doubted.

Users who are viewing this thread