The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 55

Fed-Kun's army
I know she is a child but goddamnit Leslie is being idiotic. She had suffered so much so she should know not to trust anyone aside from her family but she got mad at the guards and now she is in danger AGAIN

Double-page supporter
Even if Leslie trusts Amroa and doesn't believe she'll harm her, there's no need to get this upset over people doing their job protecting her.
Especially since they got their orders from her parents who care about her.
It's not like they tried to frame anyone, they were just being cautious.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
I knew this was going to happen, but i didn't want to see it dammit!

Instead of betraying her couldn't she have explained her situation and asked for help? Man people are dumb

Dex-chan lover
Leslie what the fuck? I knew something was gonna happen, but I specifically hoped that it wouldn't happen because of her doing something like this

Of course, she's still a child, but in serious matters, she's always proven to be quite cunning and wary of her surroundings.

@Nurarihyon its the trope where people are fucking idiots. She could probably have said something and then at least played out the scenario without endangering her life but she's so paranoid that she probably suspected someone was watching her, waiting to hurt her baby, but the they couldn't be because ITS A CLOSED OFF RESTAURANT. Like come on....

after everything she has been through... oh boy. She'll learn another lesson. Bit annoyed with her.

Quality of drama did drop in my opinion.

Aggregator gang
While I believe the poor woman is scared shitless because of the other idiot's threats, Leslie is now part of the Salvatore, so unless she's been living in a hole it makes no sense that she'd follow that man's orders. Then again, it's very likely her daughter was kidnapped and used as a hostage so she does their bidding. This, however, doesn't explain why she didn't provide any clues as to her situation. Still, we're talking about a commoner in a world set in the middle ages, even if she worked as a maid, they usually didn't receive any education so it could explain the brainless reaction to the whole situation.
Leslie as well, it's hard to believe she'd trust someone simply because of some jam, even if it was the only person to give her any back then. She should know better about that idiot making use of any means to hurt her.
It's a weak development to say the least.

Double-page supporter
Oh it’s the let’s be a dumbass and trust randoms you have no reason trusting over the people who had your back troupe for the sake of drama

Dex-chan lover
I guess it's her fault as well. She got used to the kindness she received from the Salvatore's that she forgot not to trust someone easily and to predict the steps of the marquess. She got relaxed, which she deserves btw, but overdid.

I know Leslie is a kid but after all she's been through she's a little bit too trusting. That woman may have been nice to her once but it doesn't mean she can't be bought or something. Also why do I have a feeling that her baby is not with the neighbor? Like something has happened to them...

Dex-chan lover
Easily skippable chapter since it is too obvious everything that is happening.

Aggregator gang
@Akera93 To be fair, this is a woman who tried to help her during her lowest of days. Of course Leslie would trust Amroa, even if it's misguided. In truth she logically shouldn't be trusting her that much, but Leslie seems the type to cherish those who do good by her, to the point where she may end up trusting them too much even if she doesn't actually know them as well as she thinks she knows them. It's unfortunate, but this event may help Leslie become a more cautious person that doesn't blindly trust just anyone that is nice to her without getting to properly know them first. As for why she got angry at her guards, it's because they are guests at someone else's home, and because she feels so indebted to her Leslie feels ashamed that Amroa had to be treated that way. Thing is, this is a normal reaction when a noble is fed food by a commoner regardless of how much the noble likes and trusts the commoner. After all, we can get situations like this where the commoner may be a good person but they get blackmailed into doing things that harm said noble by other influential people. I just hope this situation resolves without much more trauma for Leslie and that Amroa can still become a friend someday down the line. AFTER Leslie learns how to be properly cautious when out in public, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread