The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 57

Contributor
@hamin
I have bought the entire 4 volumes of monster duchess (korean) to read ahead. I do not read the English translation but I do know there is an English translations but only upto chapter 4.

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-monster-duchess-and-contract-princess/

@neo_child Except I'm pretty sure just burning the second child doesn't grant the power. You need to be there to absorb it meaning this was just murder for the sake of it because Sperado is so crazy at this point he thinks getting rid of Leslie will fix all of this problems. I might not be understanding the ritual right but it doesn't make much sense for her power to just.... automatically go to the older sisters without her participating in the ritual as well.

@GerryCeryBery exactly. Unlike some stories where the villain is equally as stupid as Sperado but treated like a genius, only Sperado himself seems to think his plans at all work. He entirely relies on his idiot familie's traditions and just assumes they'll work as they always have. He has no understanding of consequences as the result of his own actions. And the story makes this clear with even the empress dissapointed how little this guy was able to make use of her backing. Because apparently he just expected to win despite little to no preperations of his own. He just clung to her help like a leech.

Ok that scene were daddy got rid of the assailant with throwing a sword like a toothpick was funny. And bonus points for it being the mom saving Leslie although I'm curious to hear how they realized something was off so soon.

@Chet31
She can't Lia's mom tied it tight as fuck (remember last chapter 56/55 has a whole lot bit on how special and right the not is and if she wants to take it off Lia's mom has to do it for her) and she can't rip it off cause it's steel inside

Dex-chan lover
@Casndi It just looks like the loosest bracelet around, but then again I haven't been paying attention this this sub arc started since its just... obvious. Thanks for clarifying.

Dex-chan lover
Ehhh I am just thinking about dropping this series.

I can believe that the bad guy is so deranged and intoxicated that he makes stupid decisions but this is just ridiculous. Ok, even if his plan succeed everyone would see that home murder his daughter. Even for high nobility it would result in a capital punishment. It would be just better to kidnap her in the restaurant and made an offering somewhere quiet, not the literal center of the capital.

Also the sudden switch of the old maid was just unbelievable, you are murdering someone and change your mind in a last moment? Come on! The same applies with beyond stupid reaction of Leslie. She was mistreated all of her life and she just trust one of Sperado's servant? Even if, why send of guards, it was petty and not in line with her character.

Dex-chan lover
Yay <3 it's nice it didn't drag on with her captured or other shit. Also, it's nice that
this will be the end of that family

I'd say don't drop it, @AngryFerret besides, if it had work, the dark powers of Leslie would have gone to the eldest daughter and that would have been power enough to hold back the ire of the nobles (and make the royalty take their side to make that power part of their own). That was ultimately their goal, as I can tell from prior chapters.

As for the old maid, I could see a mother that doesn't want to do harm to others changing like that.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Finally, it is time for marquess Sperado to be punished, i already want to see him lose even more, the only thing that still worries me is the bracelet that is probably that magical chain we saw before, i don't like it one bit, feels like a mind control device.

@Unique_Xero
Thanks for your answer! I really hope that this will also be adapted in manhwa. The duchess's story seems so interesting
Do you know at which volume of the novel we are now with the adaptation?

Users who are viewing this thread