The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 11

Did the Duchess and Duke name their child Bethrion because they couldn't name him Elizabeth and it held their former hope for a girl? (BETHrion and ElizaBETH)

@aFFi Your so god damn right about that.
Don´t forget, why does the father think Leslie would give a sh** about his plans. Because she is his ``beloved´´ daughter?

Dex-chan lover
@aFFi
All of those suggestions sound like ways for the Salvatores to get caught while she's trying to not make it glaringly obvious what she's doing before it can be stopped.
Concepts like child endangerment didn't even properly exist until AFTER the 20th century had started and you expect allegations of child abuse to mean anything under the law to one of the most powerful families with the backing of the royalty that have been doing this sort of heinous activity for over a thousand years?
Now you're demanding that they magically spawn ninjas while ignoring that if the Salvatores ALREADY are being spied on that anything obvious they do will be caught?
It doesn't even enter into your brain that there might be decent security at the house already?

Group Leader
@RamenRider
I started to write an answer to your comment because I thought you made descent points.
Then I read the last line... now why would you need to insult me so? That was dumb, your previous arguments would have been enough. Too bad.
So just keep talking, welcome to my blocked list.

This man is a power hungry monster. And also, does he really think the child he neglected, abused and tried to kill will do anything to help him or his lousy family? The only thing he should expect at this point is to burn in hell.

I can't wait until our precious girl is out of that house and free from the entire horrid household. Her father, mother, sister and all the servants who have mistreated her, I hope they rot.

I hope our dear girl gets everything she wants. Revenge on her abusers and happiness with her new family.

Dex-chan lover
@aFFi
I was not insulting you. I am legitimately baffled at how you had at least the entire previous chapter explicitly explaining why the Salvatores can't do anything you suggested, a confirmation that the family spies are so much better than the Salvatores that even the shunned runt of the family knows what they get up to without the Salvatores realizing it, and being flabbergasted that it didn't occur to you that the household of the future queen's fiance that the royal heir also visits could not possibly have any sort of competent security plans or personnel in place to stop some random spy/ninja before getting into the previous point that the current spying on the salvatores would reveal them hiring a ninja before the ninja even arrives.
Then you immediately demand that they should have done all the things you just read that they are incapable of pulling off.
Not that you're reading this since you immediately went to BLOCK after your thought process got questioned...

Dex-chan lover
Yeah...this marquis is an idiot who's outright doing villainous laughter now. I mean, we knew that already, but he's so blinded by greed and hunger for power that the simple stuff like "children you abuse and don't treat like your children won't be loyal to you" doesn't click for him.
At this point, I'm half-wondering if Leslie can cause the downfall of the family even without the duchess. I mean, adoption path best path, but still.

Speaking of which, just what was the plan as far as "contacting" her goes? Because getting a message out of the home seems pretty hard, even if you weren't worried about arousing suspicion.

Hold on. The Bitch tripped and this gave them the conclusion that our MC has superpowers? Literally everything wrong that happens to the Bitch she blames on the MC so why now of all times do they make the twenty jumps to she has awakened as a saint?

Dex-chan lover
That bitch mother made our MC cry! Throw that bieeech into the fire!

I think the 2 Mana points that are supposed to be lost represent the soul of the child who has been sacrificed.
Because Leslie saw clearly that their souls are trapped forever in that damn fire and we're talking here of 1000 years that sacrifices were happening.
With all that mana/souls trapped, the children finally been able to have enough stregnth to at least save Leslie yet can't break free.

It's a usually trope in asian lore fantasy that an old being will accumulate spiritual power with time.
Western lore fantasy instead count on borrowing powers from nature or another source than their.

Dex-chan lover
Thinks the daughter he threw in a fire inherited a ton of power from every lingering previous sacrifice. Wants to use her power for himself. Pretty sure that's an uphill battle my dude, she doesn't even think of you as people anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread