The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 56

This entire arc is so ridiculous with how dumb it had to make characters in order for it to happen. It's really to the point that if even a singular smart thing was done it could have been totally prevented but Leslie had to be really stupid so we could have melodrama. We've seen how she can be very intelligent and cautious before but all that went out the window for the sake of this TWEEST

@TheAmazingNil I feel like her intelligence clouds the fact that she is still a child. If not emotional and given time to think she is very smart but keep in mind she likes to give people the benefit of the doubt. Especially considering she felt responsible for the women being kicked out. I wont defend every decision made in this arch especially the knights. They should've ignored Leslie command and stayed. You would think the duches or someone else wouldve given them the orders to keep an eye on her no matter what Leslie wanted. However every other decision I feel makes sense personally.

It's clearer than day that the sperados were unreliable so there would be no reason to comply unless they had someone watching the maid at all times? Ig she's okay bc she was ofc unable to think clearly while her baby's life was at risk. Also what happened to the 1 guard always thing that was said one panel before she got locked in ?

Dex-chan lover
Can't wait for the day when the Sperados are killed off because this cliffhanger is killing me!

A lot of the comments here are missing the point. If you think about it from Leslie's point, she felt really indebted to Amroa for giving her good food. Leslie wasn't shown any kindness in that house, even from her mother. So to her it must have been a huge deal. So obviously she'll feel bad if she made Amroa uncomfortable by having her knights search her. Besides, I feel like Leslie felt like she can handle anything with her powers.
Thank you for the chapter!!! <3

@Kekitus This has nothing to do with reader's perspective lol even the Duchess herself felt suspicious and anxious about Leslie went to restaurant ("it could be dangerous") but her judgement was clouded because Leslie act stupid cute in front of her, the knight checking poison in her food probably was an order by the Duchess as well but again Leslie was angry, accusing them for being disrespectful and the worst of all told them to go out! moreover when she felt something was wrong in the bracelet she still hesitate to take it off... you just can't defend this, she is just plain naive and stupid, i hope the author doesn't keep writing her like this because it'll be so dissapointing if she keep being saved.

Fire the knights. Fire the maid. Hell, disown her brother. You don’t leave a noble alone, especially not a child. You don’t forgo taste testing even if she orders you ir throws a tantrum. A simple background check could have fixed this. My god, the incompetence.

Dex-chan lover
I can't blame the ex-maid. It's for her kid. Though it is obvious the Sperados lied to her, she is in full denial. There is too much stress on her and she believes it, because the truth is too horrible and she can't do anything about it, except accepting, that that lie is actually true and act accordingly. She just broke and is delusional. And I guess Leslie understood that, as she desn't try to talk sense into her, which wouldn't work anyway. (If there would be a change, the ex-maid wouldn't have done it in first place.) Instead she states her own reasons to live, which might act as a detour into the ex-maids reasoning and make her reflect about her own situation again. Or I'm interpreting too much genius into Leslie's actions.

About everything else around Leslie, Zephyr is spot on. WWF at its finest.

Aahhh people Leslie is a child who has been abused all her life. The only ones who have been kind to her are the Salvatores and this one maid. Of course she is gonna feel indebted to the maid and feel guilty for doubting her. Don’t be so harsh on the kid pls, she just has a lot to learn.
Later on the knights were punished and after finding out Leslie apologized to them. All of them learned a lesson from this.

Double-page supporter
I hope this serves as a lesson, but I also hope Leslie doesn't become bitter and untrusting because of this.

Like I said, I want the Sperados to stop. Stop living

Dex-chan lover
I love how they keep using the same plan LOL. BURN HER! FK IT DIDN'T WORK BURN HER AGAIN! DAMN TRY AGAIN! DAMN ONCE MORE!

lol hilarious

Users who are viewing this thread