The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 56

The only problem I have here is that too many hints were given to us as readers over the last few chapters. It made a lot of decisions the characters made appear completely bone-headed when they could be seen as reasonable in different context.
Really, though, I overall don't think this is as bad as many are making it out to be.

I really hope Leslie gonna suffer this time. She's in a very special position and know there are people out there aiming for her life, yet still way too naive to trust people and put herself too open. This should be a lesson for her about the dangerous and dark side of society and people.

Ya'll cut Leslie some slack lmao, she's just a child. She's glad to meet her one and only relief during her abused period, feel guilty, and try to repay her kindness. Amroa was the only good person so ofc she wanted it to stay that way? It's good enough that she finally had the will the push her away and stay alive.

Dex-chan lover
Sperado and their antics...

seriously.. it's a mistake that Salvatore let them live after the trial..
why not just destroy or assassinate the father and daughter...

make it like, "Accident happen"

Poor maid, she's not aware she's being lied to. The Sperados aren't going to save her baby & her aunt's business at all.

Yeah..... we all knew that bracelet was a bad thing. Honestly, Leslie was so smart until now... hahhhh. Can this just quickly end? I feel like this ‘arc’ could have been fine not existing. I don’t get why they had to include this. All this showed was that people shouldn’t be trusted and, well, we already knew that. But no, instead the author HAD to make Leslie stupid again and give her a savior who tried to kill her. And look, they’re tryna make that lady look like she’s the victim. Did that lady really believe that the Marquess would protect her child when he tried to kill his own child??

Dex-chan lover
The lady is willing to die right now. She's clearly too desperate to not take the tiny chance that the sperados aren't stupid enough to abuse another child immediately after being suspect in open court with a child already. And she could be suicidal thanks to the events that lead to this. It's not about being able to reason and call her bluff. It's about there being no alternate options here.

Kinda to be expected... At this level of civilisation commoners wouldn't have much education, so the woman being stupid and naive makes sense.

The author is railroading the storyline way too hard.

So we're expected to believe that the bodyguards still haven't learned a single lesson through all of this and ignore every safety precaution that has been set for them? And we're going to see all of them forgiven and put back to work? And the woman could outsmart everyone, but at the same time she's completely mad? And she's that pissed off that the bodyguards said the food needed to be tested first? We know their food is tasted at the estate and we know she's close to the people there.

This story is taking a turn for the worse.

Dex-chan lover
Poor Leslie, she is feeling the taste of betrayal now...

Also damn cliffhanger.

@JWChibi
I think she knows that deep down, why she's been laying out clues so Leslie wouldn't come or trust her. But at the same time she can't give up hope about her child's future.

Aggregator gang
Manga writing 101 when in doubt make the Mc do stupid stuff for no reason. For bonus points have the villains pull off plots that leave Rube Goldberg, and Machiavelli scratching their heads.

Users who are viewing this thread