The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 56

This chapter proves how calm and collected Leslie can be, so I am absolutely MALDING over how STUPID Leslie was just a chapter or two ago when she sent her knights away FOR DOING THEIR GOD FLIPPIN’ DAMN JOB!

Dex-chan lover
@RevereShin No! You don't understand, she gave leslie bread with jam once! Obviously such a person should never be suspected of anything ever, not even a preemptive visit to check things out from the knights.

That was quite a stupid setup. i hope the series wont do it like most others and drop in quality with time.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe this will teach her that distrusting her knights so much is sort of a bad idea and that her Mother and Father know how to pick their knights.

The comments had me giggling so hard.... Lmao... Anyways now im hoping for sperados (or however u spelled it) punishment.

Still can't believe how dumb Leslie is and with this the knight will also get punished as well for the mistake they didn't even do coming from the incompetence of dumb girl, this is frustating.

I hope this teach her a lesson for at least let the guards do their job and never send them off or learn to grow a brain to not easily trust someone.

Her ex-family need to die or else her life won't ever be peaceful lol.

Y'all cut Leslie some slack. She's still a child that doesn't know how the world works/ doesn't know how crafty and cruel desperate people can get. She was starting to open up to people and that's why she's naive. Also she thought that the Sperado's won't do anything after the trial, that's why she was complacent.

Dex-chan lover
So that does bring up a question.
Do her shadows actually have any kind of physical effects they can cause?
Cause I'm honestly surprised they haven't gotten more time yet.

Banned
Her former family must have tortured the poor mother until they convinced her to suicide with Leslie.

That family needs to burn instead. Slowly.

I can see the kids POV too. Crap like this does happen with child abuse victims. Safety lulls them into thinking they can't get hurt anymore.

Contributor
Happy mother's day. Oof

But yeah I can see why Amroa was so desperate. This makes a lot of sense. What doesn't was Leslie's blind confidence in her. Like, of course you should try to trust where you can, but come on. She's a child of the most notorious house in the country, with a former family still out for blood. She shouldn't even be alone with ANYONE outside until she learns more swordsmanship and magic

Aggregator gang
Leslie was incredible dumb but I do feel bad for Amroa. Turns out her husband is also garbage.

"i can't leave her alone so a knight will enter"
closes the door and leaves her alone.
LOL

@GambierBay Leslie got given that bracelet by Amora, I'm pretty sure that's the hidden 'shackle' that the Sperados were referencing and it blocks her powers

Dex-chan lover
Huh.. I'm now imagining her power can kind of work like Spider-man web slinging 😂

Fed-Kun's army
I feel ad for Leslie but a part of me is glad that she is going to learn this lesson once and for all: when you have had a past like that and now that you have joined a controversial noble house, 95% of the people you meet are going to want something from you so you might as well have your guard up against EVERYONE outside of your family members.

Users who are viewing this thread