The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 56

Dex-chan lover
Amroa worked there, she's seen how heartless the Sperados family is. Yet, despite seeing all of it, despite knowing what they did to Leslie, she believed that they would keep such a promise to a commoner?
Even if they did spare her life, she would curse you all the same. That life would not be one worth living. She would becoming nothing more than a slave, used and abused for however long her body withstood it.

Dex-chan lover
Basically a dumb mother pushed into a corner to do even dumber things, lol.

She wasn't being nice to Leslie in the past, she was just too dumb to know it's something she shouldn't have done.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Bad chapter for Mothers day. This girl isn't winning any Mother's Day awards.

@Vasqueztion Do you mean the Sperados? 🤔

In any event, Amroa appears to have been tricked (badly—like the Marquess would ever uphold his end of that bargain! 😅😂😭😂) and now she's aimed to go down with Leslie. Clearly, the Marquess's actions are vile, but at least we know the intentions behind Amroa.

Dex-chan lover
@Vasqueztion yes I don't understand that. Once the mother is dead, who will ever check if they respect their words ? They'll never spend money to help a commoner.

Double-page supporter
Well it's about what I'd expect from a child. She is not stupid just a child.

Also feel bad that Mother had her sick child taken hostage, but she's lying to herself if she thinks her daughter is going to have a good life without her. She is the only one who cares if her daughter lives or dies, that husband of hers is probably going to take the money and run leaving the daughter to die in a ditch somewhere.

THIS WAS SO SHADY FOR SO MAN REASONS
I know Leslie is a child, but she has proved herself to be smarter than putting herself in a situation like this..

Sorry Leslie, I normally feel bad for you but this is just a lesson you’re going to have to learn sooner rather than later. (Tbh I’m shocked she even had the ability to trust anyone other than her new family after all those years of abuse)

Dex-chan lover
I'm fine with this in general, it's all very dramatic and exciting, but the extent to which literally everyone had to collaborate with Amroa to let the trap unfold was kinda painful. I do sympathise with the author, here - when you've led Leslie into the care of a smart, powerful, and extremely protective family, it suddenly becomes way harder for anything to pose a real threat to her. It's tough. The Sperados just can't match up, at this point, and this kind of complicated scheme is basically the only chance they have to touch her. So I get it.

But like... The fact that none of her family could go with her, Leslie having to insist on distancing herself from multiple layers of guards, her attendant having to make up an excuse to leave the room, leaving her alone even after explicitly saying that they shouldn't leave her alone... It was all totally necessary for the story to play out like this, I know, but all these events just happening to come together perfectly? It's like watching a bunch of wrestlers obviously helping each other to pull off a big flashy move. Starts to strain credulity a bit.

I guess if they end up using this as a lesson on how complacent they've all become after the trial, and they can't let down their guard so easily while the Sperados are still at large, then... Sure. That'd be a decent angle.

Dex-chan lover
The author had to nuke Leslie's intelligence for any of this to work. Tbh I just hope this plotline ends quickly it's kinda painful to read.

Ahhh now the author just had to go and make nearly everyone an idiot. Amroa is behaving super weird, absurdly naive, too, her story seems unrealistic and thus not relatable in the slightest.
This whole plot could have worked - if Amroa actually did do something to deserve Leslie's now dead hero worship, if Amroa had a proper story and motivation, if the plan was simply to kidnap Leslie and take her away instead of fire...

This feels rushed. And it's making an otherwise passable arc into a bad one. Not impressed, hope this arc is over soon.

huh... That shackle was supposed to block her powers at all, but even if they're mostly weak she can still manifest her shadows... I wonder if that shackle can actually hold her down for long or if it will have a sudden failure due do her powers being a lot stronger than expected.

Users who are viewing this thread