The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 56

I know that the child is not to blame and is very heartless on my part, but it would be good if the Sperados got rid of her child so she could see where she got in with these false promises of a family that abused her own daughter. I'm kind of tired of stories where the consequences of the choices are minimal or none.

Double-page supporter
@Rockdrop Want a fun drinking game that will kill you with alcohol poisoning? Take a drink every time he says "I'm Batman"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAkbCGNbvw8

Fed-Kun's army
@Zephyr, my thoughts as well, the plot's a bit contrived, it feels as if the author was rushed and just wanted to bring a quick end to the Sperado's schemes so that she could bring in new villains.

It could've been done way better and obviously the former maid could've been threatened in a much better way.

I mean come on, your drunk, gambling addict husband is the one who kidnapped your baby but somehow you expect an evil as***** like the Sperado family to save your baby and even cure him? What kind of drugs was she on?

Dex-chan lover
Everyone really has to be stupid at times like these huh? Weak move author-san

Dex-chan lover
@Mojo I have a better more relevant way: Take a drink every time someone says "she's just a child" or "poor mother".

I don't want to blame anyone here but with all the situation happening how could one not suspect? And how could Leslie COMPLETELY trust that maid. Sure she did help her but that was a LONG time ago, she hasn't seen this woman in a long time. She should've been wary and at least brought a knight with her inside, about the food too, they did that for YOUR SAFETY. I kinda feel disappointed, yeah I hope they use this as a lesson for Leslie. If not idk anymore what's this for.

Don't even get me started with Amroa... Everything's just so frustrating. I'd love it if the duchess and fam actually scold her or get mad bc it was really stupid and helloooo you almost got killed again when they said it was dangerous.

This rush story about Amroa is obviously a way to quickly wrap up season 1. Pretty sure the novel didnt go like this or idk (since novel is continuous unlike webtoons where they divide it in seasons) Sadly, I can't find the english translated of the novel, I wouldn't have mind patiently MTLing it.

Double-page supporter
@Rockdrop Awe your no fun, I'd barely get buzzed playing your game. 😆
I'm happy you like Leslie and Batman.

It's like everyone had to lose a few brain cells for this plan to be executed. The family letting her go with just a few guards. Lesile thinking she owes this woman who showed her the most minuscule amount of kindness. The guards for not insisting she be more cautious. I know she is of higher status, but come on the girl is twelve. I gotta agree with the madwoman, Lesile should've just forgotten the bread and jam. Also, Lesile ignoring her instincts about the bracelet 😑and lastly the maid not making sure someone was inside with Leslie BEFORE leaving her in there with this woman of unknown background 😪

Someone please tell me this Sperado crap gets resolved quickly, I'm tired of it. They're like cockroaches.

Dex-chan lover
How would you even be able to sell a half dead/sickly baby? I'm guessing the Sperados are the only reason the kid was able to be sold in the first place.

Fed-Kun's army
God, this is an awful arc. What a complete waste of time. Is the author so terrified of moving the plot past the Sperado schemes?

Dex-chan lover
...Author railroaded this wayyyyyy too hard.

Even if Leslie's still young, she's intelligent enough and experienced enough hardship that there's no way she would be completely trusting of someone like this, even one who she felt guilty about, when they act so suspiciously.

FFS. Worst part of this story, period.

@BanditHadron surely you would agree that, despite being mature, intelligent and whatnot, Leslie is still a child, and it is more than likely that she is actively suppressing her memories about her time with the sperado, I know I would.
Though , I have to agree that the bullcrap with the cold being the reason behind the sealed windows was retarded at best.

Dex-chan lover
@Fenrire
Rather than suppressing them, it feels more to me that she's just not dwelling on them - she's not exactly over it yet (who would be?), but she's not obsessing over them or her desire for revenge.

Dex-chan lover
Is she dumb or what, yeah the people trying to murder their own child will save yours. Whatever she gets she deserves

Users who are viewing this thread