The Moon on a Rainy Night - Vol. 4 Ch. 16

Fed-Kun's army
Um..... that's sure fits Canon and Kanon (both pronounced kæn.ən (intl. phonetic alphabet)). If you're trying to make a joke, it went WOOSH right over my head (and probably other people's too)....
the sound of 'a' is not as in 'apple' , but the 'u' in understand.
the 'a' in romanised is like in 'ah', while the 'e' is like in 'elephant'. it's really simple, so i get extra annoyed when people don't get it right. 'i' is as in 'it', 'o' in 'octopus' and 'u' as in 'flute'.

if you really want to be 'deep' just look at her actual name, 奏音(かのん/ka-no-n)
https://jisho.org/search/奏音

i get really annoyed when people only look at things through their own lenses. the author, intended audience and characters are all japanese. we're just pirates in a foreign land, being full of ourselves.

Last edited:
Resident Yuripig
Contributor
the 'a' in romanised is like in 'ah', while the 'e' is like in 'elephant'. it's really simple, so i get extra annoyed when people don't get it right. 'i' is as in 'it', 'o' in 'octopus' and 'u' as in 'flute'.

i get really annoyed when people only look at things through their own lenses. the author, intended audience and characters are all japanese. we're just pirates in a foreign land, being full of ourselves.
Dude... go argue w/ the international phonetic alphabet, not me....
Also, curb your auitism

Thank you for this chapter, really appreciate your effort! This manga is delightful
Thank you everyone. I just got so sick of there not being any new translations. I've never translated a manga before so hopefully this was good enough as a first attempt :)

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

dont worry kanon she also likes you a lot more than youd probably think

Fed-Kun's army
It's becoming mutual!! We saw that blush girl, you're thinking about her so much 🏳️‍🌈

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you everyone. I just got so sick of there not being any new translations. I've never translated a manga before so hopefully this was good enough as a first attempt :)
Keep being amazing. If you need any redrawing help, send me a DM on Discord - my ID is kaije

Are you planning on doing more chapters? You did an excellent job! I'm asking because a) I want to read more 😅 and b) if you're not planning on doing more, I might take a crack at it.

Regardless 🙏 thank you for sharing this!!!!

I'm not sure if you're arguing that it's not a homophone, but in case you are

The word for canon in Japanese is カノン (ka-no-n), which is a homophone with Kanon. This is likely intentional on the authors part.

Sure, it's not a homophone with the English pronunciation, but it is in Japanese.

she's the girl from the last chapter who was antagonizing kanon for being deaf and took the conductor role so that kanon would have to sing. She was supposed to pick out a song for the choir with Saki but ended up dipping. It was also implied that she's experiencing hearing problems as well.
Yes she is, she and Kanon encounter in hearing aid store (chapter 19)
poor Tomita

Dex-chan lover
It's not the "playing the piano together" I wanted but the a very close second. Let's go 😤😤

Fed-Kun's army
I screamed when I realized I read all the updated chapters.....

UGH this is so gay, I need to be fed more.

Are you planning on doing more chapters? You did an excellent job! I'm asking because a) I want to read more 😅 and b) if you're not planning on doing more, I might take a crack at it.

Regardless 🙏 thank you for sharing this!!!!
Yeah, I've been slowly working on the next chapter over the last 3 months. Life has gotten busy and tiring, but in the next month or so I should have a ton of free time to punch out one or even two chapters!
As for translating, definitely give it a go! I've found it to be a really helpful way for me to learn Japanese, because (even though its still manga/anime Japanese) I get to learn more casual vocabulary. Having to ask questions about what something means is something I've done more than once even on just a single chapter, haha. Give it a go!

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I've been slowly working on the next chapter over the last 3 months. Life has gotten busy and tiring, but in the next month or so I should have a ton of free time to punch out one or even two chapters!
As for translating, definitely give it a go! I've found it to be a really helpful way for me to learn Japanese, because (even though its still manga/anime Japanese) I get to learn more casual vocabulary. Having to ask questions about what something means is something I've done more than once even on just a single chapter, haha. Give it a go!
Thank you for your work!

Dex-chan lover
Funny reading all the mentions of Tomita considering I have no recollection of who that is lol
The long-haired blonde girl who has a grudge against kanon and seemingly knows her from elementary/middle school. She also seems like she is hiding the fact that she is also going deaf (she was cupping her ears secretly near the end of the last chapter).

Users who are viewing this thread