The Most Heretical Last Boss Queen Who Will Become the Source of Tragedy Will Devote Herself for the Sake of the People

Dex-chan lover
Chris on a crutch! I haven't read the novels, but I'm calling it now: she's gonna become the fucking God Empress over that whole freakin' world, and she won't even realize that she's doing it until it's too late to stop!

Now I just wish I didn't have to wait a whole freakin' month for the next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
HOLY FUCKING SHIT MORE I WANT MORE
THIS IS LIKE ANOTHER TYPE OF OPIUM FUCK

most isekai's are blegh, but this one seems to be alright for now. somehow this and the one about the bookstore seems to be some of the best, hopefully they update more soon

Ah, the queen isn't that bright, is she? She's lucky the MC transmigrated or she would've been a self-fulfilling prophecy like the original.

I have to admit that I enjoy reading trash manga as much as I enjoy reading masterpieces. And isekais provide some of the best trash around.

But damn, I'm actually having genuine, guilt-free fun. Is...is it actually good?

@pascualarro89
Yeah agree...In every genre theres trash not limited to isekai, just gotta look for gems carefully in every genre. even in ntr genre thats popularly hated

@r2r499
I kind of disagree, the genre sucked because of the genre trend that started early 2015 or earlier than that (same time as the rimuru slime isekai and other isekai that got adapted to anime) so peeps wanted a piece of that cake and joined the trend cuz of some popular isekai manga during that time.
So any popular genre will always have trash

Fed-Kun's army
I've been reading all of these Otome reincarnation isekais, they're pretty good but this princess is THE MAD LADY
I have a recommendation for you:
May I Please Ask You Just One Last Thing?

Protagonist in that is called Mad Dog Princess for a very good reason. Did she punch a DRAGON!!?

@Touje Well, yeah totally agree, like Sturgeon's adage.

But I actually do like indulging in less-than-stellar manga. It allows me to either think or not think at all, depending on my mood. I guess the interesting thing about trash isekai's specifically would be...how blatant the setting revolves around wish fulfillment and power fantasies. I know most fiction could be seen that way, and each genre has its clichés. But there's a peculiar, almost standardized way that crappy isekais go like:

"We have this useless asocial NEET/unlucky mediocre salaryman that gets transported to another world with cheat abilities and/or specialized knowledge and/or regular common sense from a modern society, which makes him a renowned warrior, a technological guru and/or a master politician. He (usually he) gathers many trusted companions, love interests, and political allies and overcome the ultimate evil and/or the petty, ignorant and prejudiced social system and the agents that uphold it. Also, slavery is sort of a thing here (without really understanding why) so just roll with it, maybe get yourself a cute waifu".

And then we have waves of isekais where the MC was either the most blessed existence and played it straight, the one where its lampshaded but still played straight ("Cheat"), the unlucky one with crappy attributes but ingenuity and awareness of the loopholes; and very few that either deconstruct it, examine it closely and add in-universe logic to how and why things are, or relentlessly parody it.

And for me it's just plain fun to see how within that 90% they add small flourishes, change a little thing and it's still pretty much the same. In the end it comes down whether I like the art or not. And also that wish fulfillment thing, because honestly it's still there.

Contributor
Wow, after it got past the cliche beginning it got pretty good. Love the contrast that they have with the game version of events.

7/10 art 8/10 writing, def give it a read if you’re a connoisseur of isekai

another worth otome genre..the story progress is smooth n well connected, & the mc is reasonable..good 💩💩💩

@saorimono

All I can say is that she's human. I don't expect perfect decisions from characters or for them to know what will happen ten moves in advance like some chess players. Actually I want flaws in characters that make them more human.

Users who are viewing this thread