The Most Heretical Last Boss Queen Who Will Become the Source of Tragedy Will Devote Herself for the Sake of the People

Great art, good setup with enough complicate plot, characters development. 10/10 for this one, totally worth your time.

Dex-chan lover
wtf it got canceled
edit: nvm the reasons are perfectly understandable

Dex-chan lover
I think they’re talking about the manga getting an anime adaptation, releasing July 2023
Huh? If it’s a manga adaptation and it’s currently cancelled, doesn’t that make the anime cancelled too? Thanks for replying though.

Dex-chan lover
You can see the final page of ch18.5 where the scanlation team provided context of the cancelation. Tl;dr: author's health issue.
Oh, I see. Thanks. I didn’t read the series because of the big red Cancelled. Pretty sad for it be cancelled like that.

Dex-chan lover
it is a decent read but at the same time, the MC seems to have no faith in herself and keep telling people they should chop her head off in the future is... really weird.

Dex-chan lover
Isnt the one with the health issues the manga artist thats in charge of this adaptation and not the author? I remember the japanese light novel just got a new volume released few months ago.

Also it looks like we have a new serialization with a different artist
Yep, health issues of mangaka, not author of the story, people don't realise it's an adaptation...

Why none goes chose third option? Kill them any important character that can harm you in the future when they are still all young and powerless. Either you drown yourself deep in evil path and none can identify you as evil or work your pain ass with unpredictable stability friendly connection with those character.

Incoming rant about That Character: the queen is genuinely one of the most detestable characters (if not the most) I've had the displeasure of reading about. She says that she 'loves' Pryde with tears in her eyes and then in the next sentence, she immediately admits to neglecting her. As soon as the queen sees the OG future with Pryde, she immediately distances herself. Her neglect as a mother goes as far as not showing up to important political events concerning Pryde- seriously, a political delegation that just so happened to be scheduled ahead of time? Yeah right. To make matters worse, her own childhood memories clearly show that the queen had a reliable maid/mother figure that took care of her and made sure to keep her on the straight. But OG Pryde didn't have that, because the queen has an absolute pebble for a brain and decided that because of Pryde's villainous fate, she couldn't even bear to look at her daughter.

Although a large part of Pryde's fate was because of her OG personality (and even that is because of the queen), there's also no denying that her circumstances made her the way she was.

1. At the beginning of the story, Pryde's father is the only one that actually seems to care for her. In the OG story, he dies early so Pryde has no one who genuinely cares for her.
2. The queen neglects Pryde throughout her childhood after showing her intense love.
3. This love gets redirected to Tiara instead.
4. The queen's neglect of Pryde and her fond treatment of Tiara isn't even subtle. Because of this, the people of the castle are more than aware of which daughter to suck up to.

Obviously Pryde is going to have some serious issues when her father, the only person to love her, dies early and she's only left with her mother who doesn't even want to look at her. Then, her little sister (who clearly took away her mother's affections) shows up and miraculously gains everything that Pryde never had. Tiara was even being trained to take over as queen, which was basically the only thing that Pryde actually did have.

The queen must be severely lacking brain cells too. Not only does she neglect Pryde and have the audacity to try and defend her appalling actions, she also doesn't recognize that her own actions contributed to Pryde's original fate. Of course, Pryde is going to have some serious issues. If the queen had shown even one ounce of love towards Pryde or had acted as a parent in any capacity at all, then Pryde wouldn't have had half the issues she did. Pretty much all of the lives that Pryde had originally ruined dealt with loving parental figures. Stayle, Arthur, and Tiara all had parents that loved them, and 2 were specifically loving mothers. Not a coincidence. In addition, I don't think it's even that far of a stretch to even assume that OG Pryde ruining the Prime Minister's life was because of his direct ties to the queen as a friend.

It's genuinely baffling that the queen thought that the best way to prepare for the future was to... give Pryde reasons to become the way she did. She's a failure of a mother and a failure of a queen. I detest that the queen is being depicted in such a 'tragic and sad' light. The queen neglected her daughter, but SHE'S the pitiful one in the situation.

Putting that aside, I'm glad to see that this series is getting picked back up by a different mangaka. Pryde's a badass character, and most of the characters around her are also pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread