The Most Notorious "Talker" Runs the World's Greatest Clan - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - The Taste of Whiskey

damn right, @Souske, but that'd be even worse, since with her feelings fresh, she still betrayed Noel hard and escaped instead of staying to deal with it.

Dex-chan lover
What a rollercoaster. And that plot twist; Sweet Tania was actually toxic waste.

Dex-chan lover
@Risa707 I'm not sure if the fantranslator intends to handle the LNs or not. The author threatened they'd make the LN publisher (Overlap) take legal action against any party who dares to fantranslate the LNs.

That said, one way would be to get the novels officially translated. I'm aware official licensors J Novel Club has an established relatonship with Overlap and has handled a good number of their other light novels.

'You're so cool I'll kill myself if I were you'
It'd Qrow all over again lmao.

Figured musclehead will leave the party because of what happened, can't recally blame him. He learned those 'investments' all went down to gambling, mc selling them off with zero hesitation and remorse and calling them easily replaceable.

Tania truly loved noel? Don't give me that shit, if it was genuine she wouldn't have gamble away the party fund that they had gathered with their lives and run away at the end with the loser that was Loyld. If noel wanted an ally that he can rely on, that's all the more reason to work towards that goal in order to gain his trust.

@Liuxuria as cruel and dismissive as it may be (and i probably wouldn't go so far as to sell them into slavery or anything myself) he's not entirely wrong. the type of work they're in is just too dangerous for them to be taken in by sentimentality (though, some of his choice of words probably were specifically so the big guy could have someone to vent his emotions onto so how much of that mc meant is up for debate) if anything i think he's trying to cut his own emotions out of it because think about it. he wanted to go to the next level, and he saw value in them enough to want them to be the ones to do this with. he was even willing to foot a large chunk of the money no less. i think he might be the most hurt about it and just doesn't show it because for people like him, allowing themselves to be hurt will just leave them nowhere. it's little things though that make me believe this, like how he sees walter off and pauses for a moment. i really do think he wants the best for the people who associate with him, but he also is someone who draws a clear line and won't tolerate it being crossed (even if it was a bit extreme, given the situation the two now slaves were in, he pointed it out best; they basically betrayed them, stole their money and tried to default on a debt, that'd land them in prison by this world's laws, where in they would be subjected to physical labor that has a low survival rate. slavery as unsavory and evil as it is, in that particular case they can at least luck out and get bought by someone who will treat them well or even opt to annul their slavery)

Dex-chan lover
Damn, this is a really interesting rollercoaster from start to finish, we saw the rough and cold nature of Noel.. the loud and honest nature of his friend, and the traitors.. that's why the girl turned so toxic after being seen in a dark light by the man she once loved, and the frustrated leader who makes awful decisions for himself.

I don’t know what the fuck just happened, but the art is good and I enjoy psychological genres even though this one is very much fabricated with no base for its structure. 7/10

Well I am not going to object anything because manga title have notorious in it but in my personal opinion mc only have himself to blame for as he got so ambitious that he ignored the opinions of one of his party members which is not good especially when you are in a small group of 4 which led to the current situation.

Because of this chapter, I am excited to see someone who can steal Noel's heart. After all, he is not looking for a lover, but allies. That means they would have to approach him despite knowing that he probably won't return their feelings. So they would just walk in his shadows until he looks back one day and acknowledges them? I believe there is a potential for a very interesting heroine. Unrequited love isn't anything new in manga, but the mc is special so I expect his reactions to an event like this to be special.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm, I'm not entirely saying Noel was wrong, but in a way his cold heartedness is the current greatest weakness (that's honestly a good thing story wise; a character without flaws just makes for a really weak story). Had he been a warmer teammate and more emotional than Tania would have expressed her love to him (or just continued having feelings for him) instead of deflecting to Lloyd when she realized it wasn't going to happen. Meaning she wouldn't have fallen in with Lloyd's debt and they'd only have lost one teammate. Then if he had been warmer towards Walter and supported him emotionally he wouldn't Ave lost any. It's rather tragic. That said this opens a lot of room for growth and development. If Noel wants to form a lasting clan this time around he'll NEED to connect with them on an human and emotional level and form some type of bond. Otherwise this will happen again.

All that said, I'm REALLY enjoying this so far. It feels a bit rushed (I'll just have to pick up the LN too I guess), but the plot is promising and the main character actually acts like he has a brain AND has a ton of room for growth (fantasy manga don't usually give me that). Not to mention this isn't overly cliché (the setting is, but honestly a cliché setting like this gives the author more breathing room (we all know the usual adventurer, quest, party, clan, etc stuff) I good story doesn't mean 200% originality in every Avenue, just some good writing here and passable writing there). Even the party disbandment and "rebirth" wasn't the usual cliché "and they all betrayed him". This is a different kind of tragic in that it's essentially Noel's fault for how he portrayed himself and failed to connect (well 2/3 people leaving is the fault of that; Lloyd was beyond hope). Which again is just really refreshing AND opens the road for a ton of personal growth (instead of the MC immediately becoming a super loner or just trusting someone else). So far this is like having my cake and eating it too (and really why CAN'T I have my cake and eat it too? What am I just supposed to stare at it? It a cake. You eat it).

i feel sorry for that girl but end of the day she made her choices and now she has to lay in the bed she made

For me, fuck the members who betrayed him. But for the dude who left, damn. He looked the most rowdy and undisciplined person but had the most loyalty.

Users who are viewing this thread