The Necromancer Maid - Vol. 3 Ch. 23 - A Promise

Dex-chan lover
that's so stupid, his enemy is just right there and he doesnt even try to kill him and just running away?
not even ordinary soldier had the gal to do that, is he an idiot or what??

his job is to PROTECT her, not running away!!
and by protecting, as a knight is to DESTROY your princess enemies

it would be a different story if the necromancer is hidden somewhere, but he's right there just in front of him.
he even cut his damn arm and just want's to run away???

i just dont get on how these author logic works, so stupid and cheesy. it's all for the plot (ie forced) where the plot itself are just so-so

Dex-chan lover
I love his face when he lose his hand.

His face: "Well this is awkward".

But to be honest I see an axe-kun coming. Her background story feels really stupid and so rushed. Okey, he killed the court, JUST the court so why they need to run? Also, this sudden jump when Lance was dying was executed so badly.

Aggregator gang
"those stupid reader will love to donate to help my 'sick' mother!"

you have said it slowAF!! ROFL XD

That credit page
Chef.jpg

Supporter
@sheridan122 Logic and storytelling often clash. Hundreds of stories would be trimmed down to a handful of pages if the protagonists or their allies simply killed off their enemies instead of giving out slaps on the wrist and a sermon.

Dex-chan lover
Personally I don't care abut MTLs that much. For me it's not the MTL that's the problem.

People who usually use MTLs don't even put forth the minimum effort needed to make shit readable. If they didn't want people to shit all over them, the least they could do is make it the dialogue sound like something an actual person would say instead of... whatever crap they usually leave it as.

Dex-chan lover
I'm...at a complete loss as to why he didn't just run him through and kill him.

Like, this is somehow WORSE than a shonentarded protag (or even Batman) sparing an antagonist because of some sappy idealistic bulldonk. At least those characters gave a reason, even if it's a really dumb and bad one.

It's not like the creeper was even putting up any fight that necessitated an escape either. Dude looked to be entirely at Lance's mercy and is presumably capable of future transgressions against both the princess and humanity at large. Literally no reason not to have ended the threat there.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, should have killed the painter necromancer.
But damn, I'm such a sucker for self-sacrificing scenes.

Dex-chan lover
I know the author needed a "convincing" reason for Lance's death, but that was very poorly executed. No armed knight would leave an unarmed criminal, who just killed the king and queen of the kingdom, upon other people of high status, with just a flesh wound. Especially when even adressing royalty with too casual of speech could already result in your execution.

@TrapCard113
If killing off the villain too early is a concern for storytelling, the author could make it hard to kill the villain. Look at Voldemort from Harry Potter. Fucker split his soul into 7 (I think) horcruxes which all need to be found and destroyed in order to be able to kill him. And both finding and then destroying those horcruxes isn't easy.

However, having a villain directly admit their severe crimes in front of a knight and getting away with just a cut arm is not good storytelling.

Users who are viewing this thread