The New Gate - Vol. 8 Ch. 49

@Sheruff6 I only read its manga. So, I don't really what is going to happen or what the promise was. Thanks for not spoiling anyways. Cheers mate.

@blazebolt7
he promised her to go back to reality, that is also why he tries to ignore Schnees feelings for him.
I'm not that far into the novel but I was told that he came together with her after Marinos ghost told him that he don't have to fulfill his promise.

Supporter
@Niemand Thanks a lot! Now I will continue with the manga, i really don't like when things don't go as i expect them to (I know it is a bad reasoning, but still)

@Rheeve

Not saying that type of emotion is rare or even bad characterization, I was addressing the way it was presented by the author in a positive/healthy/normalized fashion, thereby teaching young readers a skewed idea of love and planting the seed of the negative otaku stereotypes. Creeper behavior is learned just like all behavior.

@Rheeve

While that generalization has some truth, I'm just talking about this manga teaching that love hurting others and it matters enough to me to call it out.

Dex-chan lover
@Prinnyfoof
I'm just talking about this manga teaching that love hurting others and it matters enough to me to call it out.
Dude this is a Seinen manga, as in a manga aimed for an older audience(age 20-50) of primarily men. You "calling it out" is just moral-fagging at this point, had it been a shounen or shoujo manga I could have seen the value but not in a Seinen or Josei manga.
And "Love hurting others" is just a fact of life when jealousy is allowed free reign.

Binge reading this manga, reached this chapter the last one released as of now, and damn am I mad. Why do I have to wait for another chapter, aghhh. Just let me keep bringing.

I agree with @Prinnyfoof that love doesn't necessitate jealousy, I think/hope there's an increasing cultural awareness of them being distinct and separable as well. this random article i found https://exploringyourmind.com/jealousy-not-love/

Dex-chan lover
Yeah i feel no sorts of ownership or anything over loved ones so i have to say this definition is kinda wrong. While it may be common to be jealous its not intrinsically tied to anything like love.

The moment your not talking about monogamy in romantic relationships it completely falls apart. People have opinions though and this is what the character Shin thinks. Not a big deal, i would just correct him.

Dex-chan lover
Marino is the blade-freak. I rather have ShinXSchnee as a couple. Any of us would see what Schnee would do for Shin, not because she's a character.

I don't really mind who Shin ends up with cuz all them gals would make a wonderful partner I'm so jelly of him 😂😂

Users who are viewing this thread