The New Gate

Double-page supporter
"An online game that trapped its players and turned into a death game, was now releasing the thousands of players that had been dragged into it, but a player becomes trapped in the game!"

uhm, k, is this shit?

@redsox02 dont think any spoilers are needed for guessing how her story goes.

probably dies to some random boss, our Kirito goes berserk, power of friendship heals his heart blablabla you know the drill

@farmpeon yeah i figured that and its pretty obvious from how merino has been mentioned before. i meant about her in future. I have a gut feeling her and tierra are related.

am i the only one that doesnt like the usage of "lover" it just feels like the wrong word to use there in my opinion

this manga is so bizarrely written
like, our man learns about really important shit and just helps out with an event with a foregone conclusion, shrugs and goes to a party he didn't even want to attend
and doesn't care at all about this really important shit being hidden from him

Their relationship seems so awkward and forced. "THIS IS MY LOVER" over and over. People don't talk like that.

I'm not a fan of the art. The world looks uninteresting, and the story is bland. I was hoping it'd get better (i'm at ch.30). Still, it's not trash either: the harem doesn't have much presence, MC may not have any particularities besides being op but atleast he's not a scumbag. 5/10

Dex-chan lover
I am dropping at chapter 54 because there is nothing to look forward to.

I mean the fights are untinteresting and predictable. You know everything that will happen before they even start. The romance is unexistent, the MC is not having a character arc or any personal growth.

The arc with the princess completely bored me, they have no chemistry together and yet the author forced a 5 chapters arc with them alone. Topics which were vital for the story such as elven black hair are completely ignored now.

The MC being afraid of standing out because authorities will get involved is stupid. No king or pope has any authority over a living god and he can prove it just by having kuudere elf say it.

Following this shit is a lot of hassle without any reward whatsoever. Like others said, the art is bad, the fight is boring, and the dialogue is just there without any value, entertainment, and whatsoever. And yes, the romance is non-existance. It has romance in the sense that One Piece has romance (read: it has no value whatsoever). The plot is exhaustingly pointless. It's like reading an Epilogue of a story that never exist. No point, at all!

Best story I've read in mangadex so far, but idk why there're people hating this?

Like why?.

I've read about at least >100 titles in mangadex but this is the best

I have got to agree with @Warcrors. I'm only in chapter 34 and this has to be my favorite manga of 2020. I do agree with some points others have mentioned, it does feel like an epilogue to another story, but for some reason, that's what I really like about it. We always see the main story and then a "They lived happily ever after", but this story starts off at the end of a story and then continues on the aftermath. I can see parts to look forward to like him possibly having a chance to go back home, or why he is stuck in this world, etc.

I am enjoying it very much, I was hooked very early on and its now 2:30 in the morning and I've been binge-reading it for the past 4 hours, I will continue in the morning.

EDIT: spelling and grammer

@Ainz
High humans are players. Apparently not all players have been isekai'd, among them not all were human race and the few that did have shown up in different timelines (Shin took like 5 centuries to pop)

@Story
Slow and quite generic. Usually you see world builders isekais with MCs becoming leaders of some faction and then steam rolling through the world. In this one, MC is wandering around, meeting old people, keeping low profile. 60 chapters available and we still don't have an antagonist.

@Warcrors man most mangadex users are shit. They'd hate on everything, while they have no good series to recommend. Like if you're gonna hate on something, even if I do agree, tell me something better.
Check out their MD list and you'll have an idea of what they like.

Users who are viewing this thread