The New Gate

Dex-chan lover
Like most things, what really makes this manga successful is the execution. Because if you look at it on it's face, it's another overpowered isekai protagonist getting trapped in a game world. But the author manages to utilize the strength of his characters and the situations that he puts them in to maximum effect and keep it from ever getting bogged down in unimaginative plot points or tropes or whatever.

Double-page supporter
Satou made a better decision than Shin in this particular instance, it would just be an issue of finding a patron and position that let you wander the world.

Dex-chan lover
@JustNatsuki because if he fights at a normal chosen level, then hes just one of the many elite, but if he shows that hes far more powerful then EVERYONE is going to be after him, to kill or obtain him...

Dex-chan lover
@BraveDude8 nah its possible that countries would unite against him seeing him as too big a threat, or they would send massive groups of chosen ones to fight him, basically it would make him demon lord/raid boss status

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@banjomarx You can have as many chosen ones as you want, it isn't going to make up for the stat difference. They're trash mobs as far as Shin is concerned.

Double-page supporter
@banjomarx
All countries already fear and monitor/spy on Schenee, she is one of the most powerful people in the world (if not the most) and nobody is trying to capture her, at least not now. If they know Shin is even more powerful, and that they are in the same party, it would be really really stupid to go against those 2.

And, If Shin gets out of the closet with him being a high human, nobody would try to "capture" him... everyone in the world would worship him instead. And that could be even more annoying for him, that is not looking for power on a fake world.

Double-page supporter
@banjomarx In a weird way, that kinda shows how unrealistically wise the ruling class of that world is. "What is wrong with you people!? You're supposed to be greedy and dumb!"

Is it just me or did something happen to the art? The characters faces seemed longer and a bit more rounded at places.

Dex-chan lover
Got excited because I saw what I thought was a new chapter, turns out it was just a repost by a different scan team. hopes dashed.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@sedition @LysandersTreason Sorry, but there's no archive function to stop my uploads bumping it up your follows list. I'm redoing the original releases with the scanlators blessing, because the monthly web release is a 500x711 .jpg and frankly this manga deserves better. Take a look at both releases for a single chapter if you want to see the difference.

EDIT: For future reference, new chapters release in Japan on the second Tuesday of the month.

Well, to be honest, I didn't like web novel, this manga is based on, very much. IMO it was kind of bland and boring, the plot was going nowhere so I dropped it, but the art in the manga is kind of looking nice, so I will be reading it just for "pretty pictures" alone if nothing else.

Oh my.. I've waitin' like a mad man yet the chap only this much , such a sad effort hiks?

Users who are viewing this thread