The New Gate

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
HQ/LQ/related chapter titles aren't allowed now, so I've removed them.

Dex-chan lover
It's a seinen, I was wrong.
Page states " 一般男性向け " which means "for men", the shounen on AP are categorised as "少年向け ". I'm 99% sure it's seinen now.
Actually, there's very easy way to distinguish shounen vs seinen - Furigana.

If there's furigana for (almost) every kanji - it's shounen. If there's no furigana (or just a couple for very rare kanji) - it's seinen.

Staff
Super Moderator
We'd argued over that for a while too, but checking the actual classification was better evidence.

why the hell is there 3 scanlators for this?its a good manga but jesus christ it pisses me off i think its a new chapter but its some random scan posting a old chapter

Dex-chan lover
Darthodin - AK is no longer working on this so Uxtef has taken over. (Thank you Uxtef!) Hesitation is trailing behind bringing us pretty HQ scans as they release.

Uxtef was actually the translator from /ak/ also. Hesitation is doing the book releases, which have better print quality but a slower release schedule, and is re-using Uxtef's translations.

Staff
Super Moderator
Ekko is correct. I'll always be behind Uxtet, we're not competing. I'm just trying to give people a higher quality alternative for chapters, because the normal monthly release is 500x711px.

Nothing I can do about it pushing it up your follows list @Darthodin, sorry. For the record, the chapters release on the second Tuesday of each month and Uxtef gets them done shortly after.

@BraveDude8 and Hesitation, for this being you first actual scanlation project, you did a damn fine job. Compared to the /ak/ LQ scans, it's literally night and day.

Also, am I the only one who thinks this artist draws some of the most sexy and beautiful eyes ever seen in Japanese media? @_@ I truly didn't expect the artist to utilize the style they do, especially for Tiera's eyes, though based on everyone's personality, their eyes do tend to match haha! Schnee is still such a <3.

Staff
Super Moderator
@DizzyMiko Thanks, I'm doing my best.

And yeah, I've seen quite a few people point out the eyes. They're wonderful. I'm actually putting a collage of them together gradually, I'll tag you when it's done.

Double-page supporter
@Darkimpetus There's no sugar coating it, they completely f*cked her art up:

latest

f4fb3d2e75711ca8ae19f9504727a919.jpg

@OniBarubary Boobs, Legs, and revealing cleavage make life worth living, pal.

Group Leader
Yeah, that's real f*xxed up character art, almost as bad as what they did to youjo senki in the anime adaptation.

I want to like this, since I've read the ln, but the art is just awful. So awful. It easily cuts my rating for the manga in half.

Dex-chan lover
@gaigous I was pretty happy reading this (haven't read the ln, but might just pick it up now) but man, I'm dissatisfied with the manga art now ?

Staff
Super Moderator
The manga art is great, barring Lyonne's design.

Double-page supporter
@BraveDude8 Aside from Slime Tensei this is probably the best art from an adaptation I've seen so far.

@ickdrasil I apologize for disillusioning you, i know how that feels, but a quick warning: The LN has mind-numbingly heavy(to me) amounts of inner monologue and exposition even compared to other LNs, so it helps to skim those portions if you can't handle them(like me) :p

Dex-chan lover
How y'all @ing people like that and giving notifications? That's super helpful but the posting thingy doesn't have a button that does it up for you (to my knowledge).

Anyways, to actually respond, I totally did not get that she was trying to seduce him. If she said something in a previous chapter, my b I don't remember it, but that flew way the fuck over my head cause she isn't acting like it at all. The LN art gives that impression a hell of a lot more cause she's basically wearing fucking lingerie which is ridiculous but makes sense if she's looking to seduce him. Especially when contrasted against that other pic showing her in like general realistic battewear. I don't much have an opinion about her art just yet, maybe if she keeps her titty warrior outfit, but I can honestly say I like Schnee's art in the manga better. There's just something about it.

Users who are viewing this thread