The NPCs in This Village Sim Game Must Be Real! - Vol. 6 Ch. 26

Dex-chan lover
You mean gloves right ? A sign that you are requesting for a duel
men-in-tights-challenge-you-to-a-duel.gif

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, honestly, them dueling this issue as a game is inhuman to the villagers. The moral right here, oddly enough, is to just kill the guy who's willing to kill entire colonies of people for a minor (39k?) personal gain.

Power Uploader
Yeah, honestly, them dueling this issue as a game is inhuman to the villagers. The moral right here, oddly enough, is to just kill the guy who's willing to kill entire colonies of people for a minor (39k?) personal gain.
To add fuel to the fire, let's not forget that in their minds, the village people are only NPCs. The blond bloke is just a garden variety Edgelord and assuming his sob story is true, his calculation is actually very reasonable: kill NPCs to save himself (a real person). Whereas the protagonist is fighting for his own rehabilitation as a member of society, though he may feel deep down that the villagers are real, at a subconscious level.

To try to make a counter-argument from a philosophical point of view, we could say that the moment an entity, even one that only exists in a computer, begins to behave indistinguishably from a human, we should extend to them the same respect we accord other humans. So it doesn't matter if they're NPCs: they're apparently sapient virtual AIs, so it becomes wrong to kill them. But that is debatable.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if there'll be some way to cohabitate, If the both of them tell their followers that the forest village/mobs might be willing to work with the other, then perhaps the two of them could team up and expand their reach/control over the world.

Buuuuuut, I doubt either of them will realize it, especially with their social anxieties...

Dex-chan lover
The real villain here isn't the coworker, it's whomever is letting them both toy with the lives of what seem to be actual living people (I'm including intelligent non-human humanoids as "people") in an alternate dimension (which is what I assume is really happening; at this point in the story, I doubt they're really just game characters with sophisticated AI).

Users who are viewing this thread