The NPCs in This Village Sim Game Must Be Real!

This series is interesting because the MC isn't a generic neet. He's got a believable personal trauma, and while flawed and afraid isn't a scumbag or anything. He's ashamed of what he ended up becoming, and that works well as a setup for him to change. The game simply makes him more aware of himself; while he does receive some things from it, it's not some BS cheat code. He's ultimately the one putting in work to try and better himself. It makes for a very satisfying divergence from typical neet MCs that are garbage self-inserts.

story itself would already make it a 10 even if it was just directly transcribed from the WN in pictograph form. that said, even though everyone else's design is pretty polished, they totally butchered carol's design. at her best, there's enough room in between her eyes for 1 hand. sometimes it looks like she can easily fit both her hands between her eyes.

That father honestly gave really sound advice, I'm gonna have to apply that in my life from now on

I really dig this, the pace is really enjoyable on both sides, and the whole “redeeming” is imo well-done and wholesome.
Only (small) complaint would be about MC’s family which is just unrealistically nice, considering his situation.
Otherwise, great story, would definitely recommend !

It is terrific. This is refreshing to read considering all the isekai garbage that has been flooding fantasy genre.

@LeGrandGreg
I don't think they're unrealistic.

It's a family that after all that happened they still care for each other.

His father was there waiting for his son if he ever needed his help to put his life on track, while keeping himself from intruding in his personal life and respecting his choices, even if they weren't the best ones.
His mother was still caring about him and at the first sight of him getting back on track, did what she could to keep his fire burning.
Even his sister started opening a littkw towards him when he did the same.

Everyone still cares about him, but was giving him the space he (by the background, I can speculate) wanted.

That's how a family should be.
Not sucking your balls every opportunity, but being present to support you when you need it while understanding that if you're an adult, you (before anyone else) need to put your life on track, and not expect someone to do it for you without you doing the first steps.

That manga is a master piece, specially in how alive and realistic it portraits a family.

Users who are viewing this thread