The Numbers - Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
She was heavily lying to his face. Yikes.

It even went up when she said he was charming. Fucking brutal.

Contributor
You are only charming as long as you have something to tell. When you exhaust your stories you feel people lose interest. What you do? You lie. To keep people coming.

Double-page supporter
I see what the author did there (Well, most of us do)
It really feels like a natural one shot manga

I don't get why people are mad about the girl, it's not like she's lying to people to hurt them or manipulate them, nor she would talk bad about people behind their back I'm guessing. She's like Teruhashi from Saiki Kusuo no sai nan, she's actually very pretty, has good grades and good athletic abilities, she's basically perfect, but she can't go around saying the truth (or else she'd probably be hurting people then, and I'm betting she needs to lie her way out of difficult situations from creeps and other people bothering her, the kind of unwanted attention an attractif person gets), and she feels like saying nice things to people/encourraging them especially those like this guy who seemed really down and left out.
If a little white lie or two helps a friendless boy to feel a bit better isn't that fine? Again it's not like she's doing it mock him.

Anyway, it's interesting how this concretely shows how those who are popular/physically attractive in our societies's standards have to pull up a façade, while those who aren't can afford to be honest since they have nothing to loose. And how lies can often be a mean to protect others (like the girl) or ourselves (like the boy did) and not just to hurt, but how in a way it's all pretty sad.

She kinda reminds me of Kushida from classroom of the elite, because she's just putting on airs and making herself look good in the best light possible even if she has to be dishonest. Like a wolf in sheep's clothing

Dex-chan lover
Oh shit that's genius. Especially how her numbers went up the most, especially as she was talking to him.

Poor kid.

Wait... is that really the number of lies each person had told in their entire lifetime? If so... those numbers look pretty low. Even the 800 one. Fifteen to seventeen years is a long time, after all. Just take a look at how quickly the girl’s number went up from 693. It went up every single day. No way her number would be that low at the rate she’s lying.

Maybe... telling the truth lowers that number? Only way this would make sense, after all.

Users who are viewing this thread