The One Within the Villainess - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The One Within The Villainess

Dex-chan lover
For all those complaigning, I do not know the reason why they started from the bottom up but can't you guys just be content that this gem of a series could actually continue to be translated for us since someone actually picked it up instead of letting it be in the dark?
I'm content, but also concerned that starting from scratch may lead to real life catching up or running out of steam before reaching the point where the previous group left off.

Double-page supporter
If there isn't much to go through, I can see why a team would want to start from the beginning. The big thing is that it's nice for readers to have a consistent reading experience from the beginning, which rarely happens when a series gets passed between translators.

Dex-chan lover
I don't really see the problem with people wanting to redo a chapter, especially since the other person/group has dropped this series and chapter 15 isn't out. Though as a scanlator myself I can't help but question why you would want to redo something that was already done with good translation and typesetting (Personally I'd consider that a bit of a waste of my own time, but this isn't my time so I'm not complaining), I kinda skimmed through it and I'd even say I prefer the other group's typesetting, but the translated SFX is nicely done, so props for that.
Is probably something along the lines of "If im going to pick up something that already have chapters translated, i rather have everything under my name too", i can't think of anything else

Dex-chan lover
i could understand restarting a series from the beginning if the previous TL wasnt very good but it seems a tad redundant to TL something that already had a good TL. This is just going to result in people comparing the two and ragging on the new TLer if it's not as good as the previous TLer's work which would probably nuke the new TLer's motivation.

Double-page supporter
End of the day, scanlation is just a hobby. Nobody should be forcing what they want from anyone. Just don't start forcing others if someone decides to pick this up and start at the latest chapter instead.

Anyone who can't wait can always dig up raws and use MTL for personal use. Anyone who wants quality can always pay someone to do a better job. etc etc.

Aggregator gang
Is probably something along the lines of "If im going to pick up something that already have chapters translated, i rather have everything under my name too", i can't think of anything else
It can also be that they don't like some translation choices to the point they don't want to keep them in their versions and prefer not to confuse readers.

Dex-chan lover
So why did the new group start all the way at chapter 1? Are they stupid?
Usually stuff like this is to prevent accusations of sniping, if the current scanlators didn't get a go-ahead from the previous group it's considered good ettiquete to not just pick up the work from the previous group, but do the task from bottom up

Dex-chan lover
thanks for picking this up. Seriously confused why you would start at chapter 1 though. Previous TLs were solid its not like a new version is needed. Seems like a waste of effort. Also carries the risk of the team running out of steam before they even get caught up. Fans also will have to wait even longer to pick up where they left off, for basically no reason.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter, pls ignore all the toxic people complaining about your free services, there's a billion more that heart u

Dex-chan lover
Not that I mind reading the whole series again (and again and again) but it was a bit surprise to see an update and it be the first chapter again.

Dex-chan lover
Hey guys? I think I see what's going on.

Ammarez was downsizing the pages. Which, to me, is okay as long as you're not messing it up. Some of these come in at such a ridiculous resolution that have to zoom out my web browser to 50% in order to get just the width of the page to fit on my screen.

The new pages are a bit crisper and cleaner. But I don't know if it's really worth the effort.

Dex-chan lover
Don't get starting at chapter 1 unless you think the prior group didn't do a good enough job, but whatever. As long as you are planning to do it to completion, I am fine with it.

Users who are viewing this thread