The Otome Heroine's Fight for Survival - Vol. 4 Ch. 17

Dex-chan lover
(Someone can correct me here too, if i'm mistaken). To add on to that faster physical growth/puberty is also related to how many magic crystals there are inside them. Since each crystal corresponds to an element, the more elements of magic you can use, the more crystals you will have inside you, the faster you grow physically.
Sort of, elemental stones are the single greatest boost to magic power, but growth is suggested to be associated with magic power rather than element quantity. I could talk more about some specifics but it does get into spoilers because I'd mostly be relating Aria's own growth in later arcs, in comparison to other characters, and statements about the normal rate. Not exactly plot relevant stuff, but still things that don't get revealed until later. I don't expect most of those statements to make it cleanly into the manga though.

Dex-chan lover
who that guy at the end is, does he die, and does she get revenge on the jerk who tried to kill her, aside from that general outline if possible
I see. Well... The guy at the end(can't remember his name) is a former disciple of Serjura and the guild master of a branch of the Assassin's Guild. He's there to force Serjura into a job, but Aria does it instead. Aria, being the little monster that she is, gets stronger and kills him. Grave ends up being one of the main antagonists so as far as vol. 6 of the LN Aria hasn't achieved any meaningful revenge.

Dex-chan lover
that was a different idiot disciple
You'll have to correct me of what other 'idiot disciple' we're talking about. On the second to last panel of page 32, the idiot disciple blurted out to the dark elf how she'll take in another disciple 10 years in the future and used that as the reason for why the idiot one should train under her, as well. Furthermore, she called that disciple 'the heroine', something you'd normally hear about in stories or (otome) games, totally out of place in the current setting.

At the very beginning of this series, a crazed (reincarnated) woman tried to kill that same heroine and use a half-baked magic stone with her memories contained in it as a means to insert herself into that girl's body, becoming the heroine, instead. That stone was mentioned again for an entirely different purpose as explained in page 34 of this chapter.

That (reincarnated) crazed woman who got killed by the heroine instead and the 'idiot disciple' were the same person. Furthermore, the stone that was left behind got picked up by another girl at the end of chapter 3, and it seems by that time, that reincarnated woman has taken control over her body, instead, but that's my speculation for what happened, I'm not entirely sure, myself, but that's about as 'alive' as I could make her out to be.

So far we have the 'sturdy disciple' currently under the dark elf (the heroine/MC), and the dark elf's previous 'idiot disciple' as I've explained here. That's 2 disciples we've read about so far. If there was a 'different idiot disciple', please explain to me who that is.

Double-page supporter
You'll have to correct me of what other 'idiot disciple' we're talking about. On the second to last panel of page 32, the idiot disciple blurted out to the dark elf how she'll take in another disciple 10 years in the future and used that as the reason for why the idiot one should train under her, as well. Furthermore, she called that disciple 'the heroine', something you'd normally hear about in stories or (otome) games, totally out of place in the current setting.

At the very beginning of this series, a crazed (reincarnated) woman tried to kill that same heroine and use a half-baked magic stone with her memories contained in it as a means to insert herself into that girl's body, becoming the heroine, instead. That stone was mentioned again for an entirely different purpose as explained in page 34 of this chapter.

That (reincarnated) crazed woman who got killed by the heroine instead and the 'idiot disciple' were the same person. Furthermore, the stone that was left behind got picked up by another girl at the end of chapter 3, and it seems by that time, that reincarnated woman has taken control over her body, instead, but that's my speculation for what happened, I'm not entirely sure, myself, but that's about as 'alive' as I could make her out to be.

So far we have the 'sturdy disciple' currently under the dark elf (the heroine/MC), and the dark elf's previous 'idiot disciple' as I've explained here. That's 2 disciples we've read about so far. If there was a 'different idiot disciple', please explain to me who that is.

The MC is obviously not dead, but that's clearly a no-brainer and the only person who calls her disciple is literally training her in this chapter so your original comment confuses the hell out of me. I mean she's the protagonist, you don't have to go to the end of a previous chapter to know she's alive...

The previous disciple, the reincarnated crazy woman, is 100% dead as a doornail and hasn't appeared once since Aria killed her, apart from this brief flashback. Which makes me even more confused by what you wrote.

Dex-chan lover
The MC is obviously not dead, but that's clearly a no-brainer and the only person who calls her disciple is literally training her in this chapter so your original comment confuses the hell out of me. I mean she's the protagonist, you don't have to go to the end of a previous chapter to know she's alive...

The previous disciple, the reincarnated crazy woman, is 100% dead as a doornail and hasn't appeared once since Aria killed her, apart from this brief flashback. Which makes me even more confused by what you wrote.
Let me try to break it down into a summary.

This chapter revealed that the new dark elf has had 2 disciples under her wing during her time:

The 1st disciple, the 'idiot disciple', is the crazy reincarnated. She got killed by the heroine, the MC. However, at the end of chapter 3, while I don't know what it is, but something foreboding happened to the orphan girl who picked up the stone that the reincarnated tried using on the MC. My guess is that the orphan girl got possessed by the reincarnated, meaning she was brought back from the dead in a different form. This brings the very first comment I left in this thread:
Little did those two know, that 'idiot disciple' is still alive somewhere, as indicated at the end of a previous chapter.
I could be totally wrong on this statement, and I will admit that mistake when the truth is revealed at a later time.

The new dark elf's 2nd disciple, the 'surly disciple', is the heroine/MC, who's currently under her care while training to be an assassin. Of course, she's still alive and kicking, but it looks like she'll be facing yet another life-threatening event in the next chapter or two as indicated at the end of this chapter.

@Kuri_Something then left a reply to my first comment in this thread:
that was a different idiot disciple

Which brings me to my original question: Who or what other 'idiot disciple' are we talking about that isn't the one the MC proclaimed to have killed? I apologize if my last comment that tried to bring that question forward was too disorganized and incomprehensible to you and others who've read up to this point. If there's something I missed or didn't describe correctly, please point it out to me.

Double-page supporter
The stone is designed to only transfer memories, the actual woman is as dead as can be. I swear even Aria figured that much out, though I may be confusing my memories of the novel with the manga adaptation and the detail was omitted here.

Though as this chapter pointed out the technique was invented to teach toads how to sing, so...

Dex-chan lover
why do people want spoilers?
I can understand why. All things considered from a purely experiential probability standpoint, it's highly unlikely this series will be finished. Either because the manga only goes on for so long as the original novel continues, or quite usually the translation group of the manga just drops the project.

Sometimes it's better just to have options in case this series (heaven forbid) never gets another chapter translated. It's at least some form of closure.

Dex-chan lover
The stone is designed to only transfer memories, the actual woman is as dead as can be. I swear even Aria figured that much out, though I may be confusing my memories of the novel with the manga adaptation and the detail was omitted here.
Indeed. Even in the early chapter, Aria commented on how even if she managed to replace Aria's mind with her memory and personality, it doesn't mean that woman herself will become the heroine.
She still die, and Aria is left as her clone (still a different individual, not the original).

Though as this chapter pointed out the technique was invented to teach toads how to sing, so...
That woman probably perfected the technique to transfer much more things, such as memories and personality. Else it would be really morbid for the "person" who got implanted into the frog if the original spell also can do that. Likely will make the frog went insane because it now has the self-awareness as human but realized it's a frog.

Double-page supporter
Glad to see they've kept TLing it again. Hope to see the next one coming up now that its been getting some TLs past couple months. Appreciate it. This one has a nice wrinkle to the genre.

Dex-chan lover
It's not really explained in detail in the manga, but for those interested, the RPG part of the game being a thing in this world means that people who develop their magical organs (the magic stone in their hearts) from a young age will grow rapidly into young adults. By the time Aria is 13, her body would grow to the equivalent of 16-17. Additionally, those that have strong magical organs will also retain their youth much longer and have much longer life spans. However this only extends to people that have strong 1-2 elements. If someone has more than that, the magic stone in their hearts will be too big and exert pressure, instead making them have much shorter lives. Not going to spoil, but we will have 1 case explained to us soon, and we will meet an example of the other much later in the story.

Dex-chan lover
I've been putting off reading this for far too long, but pleasantly surprised by how much I continue to enjoy the story. The random stats screen puts me off a bit since I really disengages the immersion for me, but I suppose that is a necessary carryover from the novel :pout:

Please please please spellcheck and proofread before posting though, there are so many errors that can be easily avoided with a single editing pass :facepalm:

Dex-chan lover
Even though I've read all of the translated Light Novel volumes (not WN), it's still fun to read the manga. Re-experiencing the early parts of the story like this is very fun. That you for the TL and I hope you keep at it.

Fed-Kun's army
I counted 13 typos in this chapter, I think your proofreader might have been half asleep.

Dex-chan lover
Elf mom get

Also that other girl really got this elf to be her teacher and she goes and does that shit? Kinda a waste

Contributor
Right, so it is a proper "new chapter" in Aria's life, this time she's no longer a combat maid employed by nobles but an apprentice of a dark elven mage(?). So her previous disciple was that bonkers reincarnator who ended up dying to Aria (actually not sure if she died, probably need to reread). And I don't have a name for that hapless woman in my notes, hasn't she been named before at least?

I guess things are about to go down next chapter with this shady guy seemingly ready for blood.

Users who are viewing this thread