The Politics Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Italian governor rails against Halloween as he imposes 31 October curfew
As a kid I once went around "trick or treat"ing on Halloween, absolutely no idea what it meant, just kept seeing it on TV so I went around the neighbourhood with my sister. We only had like two responses out of 20, a few didn't answer their door, most responded with "Oh we don't have any." Then back at home our parents told us "Yeah, it's an American thing so that's not surprising." Damn it was embarrassing.

I'll never forgive the Americans.

Dex-chan lover
Yard Halloween decorations are very spooky this year btw.
sfU7dwX.png

Dex-chan lover
I'm sure the Wokey's, and Joe Biteon Herass supporters in the area are curled up in a fetal position, soiled, and crying from that Halloween display! 🤣

Dex-chan lover
@BestBoy Yep.
> When His Trump 2020 Yard Sign Was Stolen, a Maine Man Built a Political Tour de Porch
> Brandon Gordon has turned his Lewiston home into a Trump-ified attraction, complete with dozens of different kinds of Trump yard signs, a massive Trump flag and inflatable Trump caricatures -- all protected by an active electric fence.
> The fence works -- even singing a pumpkin recently. So far, no one's been back to steal another sign.

Just throwing this randomly, in case people all over the world feel americans should get treatment as if they ran a footrace and forgot to shower.
No, despite the public claims of one of presidential candidates, US did not have good relations with certain Adolf prior to WWII. In fact those were somewhat bad, and the candidate just had a brain misfire. Or was just adlibbing and made a wrong guess.

Fed-Kun's army
@Valheran
Really depends on your definition of "good relationship". Sure, we weren't stellar allies, but I don't see North Korea having trade deals, exchange students being exchanged, or being allowed to constantly ferry customers to and fro the US to other destinations like the Nazi Zeppelin services pre-Hindenberg. Also doesn't really describe the popularity of the German American Bund Pre-WWII.

Dex-chan lover
> TikTok shows Trump supporter waving sword at Biden supporter near polling place
> “We got your plates, baby. We know who you are now,” the man says. “You’re gonna vote for Trump whether you like it or not. You got no choice. You cannot resist Trump. We got you. We fucking got you.”
God bless America, the bastion of liberty and justice.

Dex-chan lover
@Halo The irony that conspiracy theorists have been saying Democratic officials are lizard people and it turns out the only reptile is Mitch and he's actually a turtle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread