The Politics Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
@The_Pirate Did you really "get" me, though? Because I'm exactly who you were trying to be. I was just echoing that I agreed in general with the arguments. I didn't get assblasted or argue with you.

Dex-chan lover
@Chrona: Man, leftist identity politics are insane, can't believe most of you guys are in the same camp as The_Pirate

vs​

@Ceildric: In other words, The_Pirate is a white supremacist.

FiGtKY3.gif

The_Pirate: Guess it's time to come clean, not really a blue-haired liberal... A better example would be the stereotype that all n-word have giant dicks. Giant dick=good thing. Thinking all n-word have a giant dick=/=good thing. Will report my own post on the way out.
OW0Bly0.gif

Good thread, sasuga politics.

Supporter
@BestBoy
I know you're being serious but
I know this is the general forum, but we've already got a thread for shitposting. Let's not turn this into another one.
derailing is GFG tradition we can't help but do it.

Oh shit dude mods are here quick run!
HVw.gif

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@BestBoy
Me too, sometimes I don't want threads to derail. These guys (which I associate myself with) sometimes take it a little too far. Not that I'm not responsible for some derailings myself.

Dex-chan lover
Does talking about the AOC Among Us stream belong here or in the gaming forum since she talked about voting at the beginning?

Dex-chan lover
@ColorfulSoy, @Ceildric, @hazzack, @Richman, @sterven.
My friends, you did well.

Typing this after Pirate's 'reveal' btw. Regardless of him "coming clean" though, it's still very possible that he acknowledges some of his 'pretended beliefs' as credible.

While I was reading The_Pirate's comments, I was thinking "this person might be playing a caricature to troll". But I honestly wasn't sure one way or the other. It is, however, unfortunate that people exist with the honest mentality portrayed by Mr. Pirate, to the point where it's believable that everything Pirateguy posted was authentic. Of course, there are varying degrees of reasonability and 'accuracy' said thoughts can be presented in, so it isn't always as obvious as Pirate's caricature made it.

Nonetheless, those with authority in educational institutions, who teach and spread the kind of dogma Pirate Dude has spouted in this thread, are indicators of something far more harmful. But it would be wrong to completely absolve Piratebro, or anyone else in his portrayed 'camp', of blame due to outside influences. To do so would shirk those people of the responsibilities of free-thinking and rationality; responsibilities that all people should be held accountable for.

Anyway, I saw this post a bit earlier. Just in case it's edited in the future, this is what it said:
The fact that no matter how well I play the game created by existing power structures, most money and power is found in creating new power structures and forcing others to integrate into it. Both of these require social skills that I seem ill-equipped with, requiring me to put in work to discern how exactly one develops these type of structures so as to secure financial and career stability, while simultaneously having to hold onto the fact that I don't seem fit for the job. And that in the end, for all it's worth, I have very little ability to push my own way forward alone considered the manpower required for most projects of any note.

On the one hand, I don't care about social achievements, on the other hand, social power seems to be the only way for me to get access to resources I need to move forward.
@The_Pirate
Well, even though this is just a mostly anonymous Mongolian throat singing forum on the internet, I'd say it's pretty evident that you indeed "don't care about social achievements". Idk though, a place like this (with relatively lesser stakes) might have been helpful for practice in improving your "ill-equipped" social skills. At least you got some experience in how not to act online (or anywhere else), I guess.

(Well, I guess it was a kinda long post. Not Tamerlane level though.)

Supporter
Does talking about the AOC Among Us stream belong here or in the gaming forum since she talked about voting at the beginning?
lmao I heard about that was it as cringe as I imagine it to be?

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
My throat feels sore even tough I didn't speak at all...

Well, time to do my homework.

Dex-chan lover
@BestBoy
The stream in question was to encourage voting, so I guess here.
But, was there anything worth discussing, aside from streamers shitting on their viewers?

Dex-chan lover
@sterven Nah it was really good. Her, Ilhan Omar, Hasanabi, jacksepticeye, pokimane, toast, and a couple others I didn't recognize. 450k concurrent viewers which is 3rd most in twitch history.

Dex-chan lover
@Halo Not really much to discuss about the political part of it, but there's a plenty of discussion to be had around the game's current role in society.

Dex-chan lover
@sterven He doesn't talk about the stream. He just whines about politics in games and then complains about Hasanabi. I'm pretty sure his NordVPN ad is longer.

Supporter
@BestBoy
lmao so you watched the video? and tbh I wasn't that interested in watching the stream anyways AOC and Ilhan Omar yup.
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread