The Politics Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
>despite being .5% of the global population, genghis khan’s descendants make up 8% of asia’s population

Really wrinkles my recently ironed out brain.

@tamerlane
c18.gif

Double-page supporter
Tokyo Olympics to be cancelled for coronavirus: report
smh.com.au

next day:

Japan and IOC deny that Olympics will be cancelled
reuters

I hope they make it. In the long run, "mini Olympics" this summer will be much more beneficial to hentai than having to deal with censorship and woke level of 2032.

It has been brought to my attention that the US is not #1 in terms of number of timezones...
As if rejecting Freedom™ and Peace© in its entirety, that title belongs to Russia with 8 timezones.
The US has an unacceptably paltry 5 timezones.

Queen Nyarl'Elizabeth must fix this affront to reality or else the US will deliver nuclear equipped, rocket guided "shitposts" to both London and Moscow. We'll also gift Beijing and all of the Middle East with some too, just for good measure.

@wowfucktron if you count all the US territories, we are in the most time zones. If you add in military bases, the US is in every time zone except the middle of the atlantic ocean

@bigtiddyoneesan depends on mods. Some just moderate comments and leave it be. Some brave fighters of justice like Zeph just ban. Whatever.
The retarded culture of fearing "bad" words just seems fun for me. Don't say R-word, F-word, N-word. It's like from novel for teens Harry Potter "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named"="The-Words-That-Must-Not-Be-Used". Idiotic. If I want to swear I swear. If i direct it directly to a person I'm just a dick. Simple.
I feel zero obligation before black people to not say "nigger" because they were enslaved once and this word was used to them. If ones wants to play victim about how bad their ancestors suffered maybe I should too? It's not something to be proud of but I'm literally from a "Whore country" who was fucked by everyone who could reach it and my people were slaves before there were proper slave-trade routes to Africa.
Btw you're from Poland? Kneel before me and kiss my foot, oppressor!
579.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@YumoYumo
When people flip their shit over a designated gamer word, they're usually overlooking the fact that such reactions are what give those words power in the first place. And I can't say I like when people promote empathy when it suits them only to abuse that empathy once they have enough of it. Regular people irl who can actually recognize intent and don't act melodramatic even when the intent is bad still exist, fortunately. Tossing aside all context that's normally prevalent every now and then can be refreshing. Not like I even feel an impulse to say shit irl or online, but still. (Also, I'm not actively encouraging anything here. The way it stands, you're still probably creeping ever closer to a ban lmao.)
Btw you're from Poland? Kneel before me and kiss my foot, oppressor!
dcj07i5-8a3b1fdd-6f1a-4eb4-9a3f-209615743bd4.png

Dex-chan lover
I agree with Yumo, but honestly I would never say the N-word just because there’s no benefit for doing so.

Plus making jokes about how juvenile not being able to say it is makes it a lot funnier.

Though I have had to use it in a few AP essays to analyze certain books, especially Invisible Man which is one of my favorites

@Bruhmasterover9000

It’s because between the Nazis and the Soviets, having food was a blessing so you might as well make it taste amazing

Double-page supporter
Police arrest over 1,500 at Russia protests backing jailed Kremlin foe Navalny

In central Moscow, where Reuters reporters estimated at least 40,000 people had gathered in one of the biggest unauthorised rallies for years, police were seen roughly detaining people, bundling them into nearby vans.
The authorities said just some 4,000 people had shown up. The foreign ministry questioned Reuters’ crowd estimate, using sarcasm to suggest it was too high.
TtTi5FW.jpg

😂

s5aSiIH.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@Richman I have no problem with "Native tribes."

@wowfucktron So you assume that you know what tribal membership is? Just because you're obsessed with blood quantum doesn't mean everyone is. Charles Curtis was a member of a tribe; Elizabeth Warren isn't. There were plenty of times that dumbass pioneers didn't know what they were doing & ended up dead, leaving a child behind. Children were found & raised by Native People not caring about ethnicity. Their offspring are members of the tribe whether you like it or not.

I'm not saying Curtis was good. He supported Herbert Hoover & betrayed other Natives. But that doesn't change the historical fact.

Imagine a president so corrupt that he actually sold pardons. https://www.democracynow.org/2021/1/20/john_kiriakou_trump_presidential_pardons
It's impossible to defend someone like that. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ing-fiery-interview/ar-BB1d1JSW?ocid=msedgdhp
EsY1rnfW4AEOl4D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread