The Politics Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
930f7ed86f003a2735a097ba66be820c.gif

Gavin Newsom is most likely going to be recalled.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/25/teachers-aide-seen-masturbating-had-no-clue-zoom-was-on/

Pedo jerks off in front of kids
Only gets suspended
Just leftist things

Dex-chan lover
Mangadex is doing the thing where it splits the pages in two again

@EzWeeb
Lmao he looks exactly like you'd expect him to. Wow.

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane yeah that’s reasonable, I’m just twitchy since I’ve seen a lot of weirdos in the few days I’ve had a Twitter, and I hope that’s not a good representation of most people

@Halo I don’t even know what those are, I’m still relatively young lol

Dex-chan lover
@CyanHide But old enough to talk about taxes? 🙄

According to the Guttmacher Institute, the average cost for a first-trimester abortion is in the US is $508 (anywhere between $75 and $2500). The median cost for a second-trimester abortion is $1,195. Later term abortion can cost $3,000 or more.
The Child Tax Credit offers up to $2,000 per qualifying dependent child 16 or younger at the end of the calendar year.
A tax credit is a tax incentive which allows certain taxpayers to subtract the amount of the credit they have accrued from the total they owe the state. It may also be a credit granted in recognition of taxes already paid or a form of state support.

Then there are WIC, EBT, SNAP or whatever they called.
https://www.cbpp.org/research/food-assistance/a-quick-guide-to-snap-eligibility-and-benefits
One key way federal policymakers responded was by promptly enacting Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) in March 2020, an entirely new program that allowed states to provide approximately $250 to $450 per child in grocery benefits (depending on the average number of days schools closed in the state) to make up for the meals missed in the spring of 2020.
Consider a family of three with one full-time, minimum-wage worker, two children, dependent care costs of $77 a month, and shelter costs of $964 per month.
The family’s monthly SNAP benefit is $482.
The numbers are getting rather ridiculous with more children.

The "but muh tax money" is not a valuable argument when it's objectively cheaper to provide free abortions.
If anything, you should be arguing for mandatory abortions for parents over N number of children and below a certain income.

Dex-chan lover
@Halo who has never heard of taxes?

Can you make a TL;DR of that? I still don’t like the sound of being obligated to pay for someone else’s abortion when it isn’t a medical emergency for the mother’s sake or some poor traumatized child. The fact that you want me to argue that abortion should be mandatory makes me sick.

Double-page supporter
@halo you just did the straw man version of pro choice. Your doing what conservatives do with taking away peoples autonomy but with no moral possible argument

Dex-chan lover
@CyanHide It is as TL;DR as it gets.

But fine. Abortion: $1,195~ (some cases, $3,000)
versus
FORGIVEN TAX: $32,000
Food: $26,496 (for 16 years)

So, either way you're paying for someone else's children, but way more. Congrats.

The fact that you want me to argue that abortion should be mandatory makes me sick.
I'm not. I'm saying that you should be arguing for that if you care about taxes that much.

@cyanhide
@Halo is poking fun at you by highlighting how Planned Parenthood started off as an ethnic cleansing organization...

He’s implying that you would approve of abortions being free for people of a certain skin color via association of economic status.

@halo
no.

@halo
If anything, you should be arguing for mandatory abortions for parents over N number of children and below a certain income.
So, either way you're paying for someone else's children, but way more.
Don’t play dumb. Its not much of a stretch to assume that you were angling towards assuming he was worried about “welfare queens.”

You were trying to subtly dismiss him by calling him a racist.

Dex-chan lover
@wowfucktron @Halo damn it, that’s the second time I’ve heard the “Abortion is fine so long as it keeps the ni🅱️🅱️as in check”.

Look, I know an excess in population is a bad thing, but I’d like to not be a hypocrite. Baby killing is baby killing. It’d be nice if promoting self control and healthy, responsible relationships were the sure-fire solution, but I’m probably just naive and stubborn.

Edit: lmao, I thought Halo was the one being racist, not him accusing me of being one

God damn it lads, can I just not want to pay for child slaughter and leave it at that

@cyanhide
It’d be nice if promoting self control and healthy, responsible relationships were the sure-fire solution
I’d love for this to work but it won’t.

Unfortunately you have to bail people out of their dumb choices because they will just make even dumber choices if you don’t coddle them.

Dex-chan lover
@wowfucktron Hyper yikes. Stop being a weirdo with your assumptions.

@CyanHide
Baby killing is baby killing.
This is fine. I'm not against religious views and other bullshit. You do you.
All I was trying to do is to point out that abortions are cheaper on tax dollar.

Dex-chan lover
@wowfucktron at the very least, it’s comforting to know I can try to dissuade people from making those mistakes and refuting the retards via our first amendment rights

“Hurr durr, I need to have sex to be more intimate with my partner” have you considered sticking to just mutual masturbation you nasty Neanderthals?

“Hurr durr, it’s just a clump of cells” yeah so are you, me, that tree over there and little jimmy who likes Fortnite, but there are laws preventing me from lashing out on all four of us

“Hurr durr, you’re violating women’s rights/her body her choice” that baby is a separate person, you do not have the right to kill them (unless your life is legitimately threatened)

Man, it was fun pissing off some Kpop Stan accounts with that back when I had a Twitter

Dex-chan lover
@Halo so you deny that “whatever” is inside the womb is alive? You deny that it is unmistakably, irrevocably human? A tadpole will always become a frog, sperm and egg combined will always develop into a human being.

I don’t care if abortion is cheaper, I don’t want to pay for abortion as much as I possibly can due to personal moral beliefs, period. Is that hard to understand?

@cyanhide
Yeah...none of those are logical arguments...

>go masturbate
First off, there is a world of difference in pleasure and most people prefer the not pathetic option.
People are going to fuck no matter what you do, especially women. You just need to give out condoms en masse and encourage usage.

>clump of cells, laws preventing
We don’t know if a fetus is or isn’t alive. And we never will thanks to activists. There are reasons to have abortions around and there are reasons to outlaw it.
Morality is a dumb reason to oppose or promote anything. It’s a slippery slope.

>her body her choice
There is a much better argument utilizing this than what you listed.
Just point out the draft and try to leverage access to abortion with signing up for the draft. Men don’t have a choice in that, so bring that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread